Ylona Jade Garcia was the runner-up in the Teen Edition of Pinoy Big Brother: 737.
Ylona entered the house on Day 2. She was known for her Australian accent as well as her mature outlook in life. She was also memorable for wearing her choker, which eventually became her most iconic fashion piece in the house and sealed the resurgence of the choker fashion trend among the Filipino teen girls in 2015.
She was also known for the iconic songs she wrote out of boredom such as the song Win the Fight, in which she eventually recorded a full track inside the house together with housemate Jimboy Martin for the rap addition.
In the show, she was dubbed as the "Daldal Darling of Australia" (lit. Talkative Darling of Australia".
Inside the house, Ylona immediately gained various friendships with her fellow teen housemates, with the likes of Ryan Bacalla, Zonia Mejia, Franco Rodriguez and Ailah Antopina; most of whom were in the same age range as her.
Throughout the latter part of the series, Ylona developed a mutual infatuation or crush with housemate Bailey May, and a new fandom from teenage audiences was formed who shipped the two of them. Their loveteam ship name was called Bailona and since then became an onscreen couple even after they went out of the house. However, their teen,puppy love showmance inside the house was just the usual teen romance, nothing intimate as intimacy between the teen housemates is very much against the house rules.
As part of the 10th Anniversary of Pinoy Big Brother, Big Brother chose Ylona and Bailey to sing the song "Magmahal Muli" (eng. To Love Again) which was the first song to be ever recorded in the house when Sam Milby and Say Alonzo sang it on the first season in 2005.
Many young teen audiences adored Ylona and as a result, she immediately became a fan favorite among the teen housemates which gave a huge advantage to her despite being nominated almost every week. She eventually became part of the Teen Big Four along housemates Jimboy Martin, Franco Rodriguez and Bailey May. They temporarily left the house on Day 50 to give way for the second part of the season which is the Civilian Edition.
They returned back to the house on Week 15, where they lived with the remaining adult housemates and participated in the adults' weekly tasks, however they're not competing anymore and couldn't nominate or get evicted as their place in the Big Night was finally secured.
Inside the house with the adults, Ylona gained friendships with her adult housemates whom the teens considered and treated as older siblings in the house. Ylona became close friends with Tommy Esguerra.
When the Big Night finally came, Ylona was left with Jimboy to advance to the second evening of the finale. However, she only received 43.24% while Jimboy received 56.76%, placing Ylona as the Teen Second Big Placer while Jimboy Martin was declared the Teen Big Winner of the season.
|Ylona Garcia Biography|
Retrieved from ABS-CBN.com 
Born and raised in Sydney, Australia, Ylona is the third among five siblings. Her dad is a pathology technical officer, while her mom is a registered nurse and medical technologist. Having parents who are in the medical field, you would think that Ylona would be interested in the sciences, as well, but Ylona’s interests lean more towards the performing arts. In fact, Ylona’s star has already started to shine brightly in Australia. At 13yo, she has already performed as front act for various Filipino artists during their tour in Australia. These artists include Martin Nievera, Sarah Geronimo and Bamboo.
While Ylona has started to make a name in the Filipino Community in Australia, she admits that she still has a lot to learn about the Filipino culture, especially in speaking Tagalog. Will Ylona’s lack of exposure to her Filipino roots hinder her from becoming the next PBB737 Big Winner or will she overcome this obstacle and be able to shine like the star that she is supposed to be?
Player History - Pinoy Big Brother: 737
|Week 1||Weekly Task||Loss|
|Week 2||Weekly Task||Loss|
|Week 3||Weekly Task||Win|
|Week 4||Weekly Task||Win|
|Week 5||Weekly Task||Win|
|Week 6||Weekly Task||Loss|
|Week 5||Pinasaya Challenge||Loss|
|Week 6||Big-Ating Concert Competition||Win|
|Week||Nominated||Nominated By||Final Position|
| 2-Kenzo Gutierrez & Kyle Secades|
1-Franco Rodriguez & Zonia Mejia
1-Ryan Bacalla & Ailah Antopina
|4|| +2-Kyle Secades|
|6|| Big-Ating Concert|
| 7 |
| 2-Kenzo Gutierrez|
| 2-Franco Rodriguez|
|19||The Big Night||Runner-Up|
Post Big Brother
- Months after the season ended, Ylona signed an exclusive contract with Star Music as well as Star Magic, ABS-CBN's own talent agency.
- In 2016, Ylona released her debut album entitled "My name is Ylona Garcia" which includes 9 tracks that she wrote by herself as well as three additional tracks. Her song that she wrote in the house was also included in the album.
- Ylona teamed up with Bailey May for singing the song "O' Pag-Ibig" (lit. "O' Love"), composed by Honlani Rabe and Jack Rufo, which is one of the entry songs for Himig Handog's P-Pop Love Songs contest in 2016.
- In 2016, Ylona together with her loveteam partner Bailey, became part of the extended cast of the Filipino television series, "On the Wings of Love" where former Pinoy Big Brother alumnus and Teen Big Winner, James Reid portrays the main role, with actress Nadine Lustre.
- In February 2016, Ylona became the Celebrity VJ of the month for the television channel Myx.
- On July 2016, Ylona had her first ever digital concert.
- Also in 2016, Ylona became part of the series We Love OPM: The Celebrity Sing-Offs, the Celebrity spin-off series of the Filipino reality music competition, I Love OPM where contestants pay tribute to Philippines' OPM or Original Pinoy Music. In the celebrity spin off, contestants are grouped into teams, and a chosen OPM icon will be the main theme each week, where the contestants must perform the chosen artist's iconic songs in a more modernized version. Ylona was in the "Oh My Girls" team mentored by Filipino pop artist Yeng Constantino.
- The acoustic version of Ylona's song Don't Say Goodbye was used as the official eviction song of Pinoy Big Brother 7.
- Since the start of her career as an artist in 2015, Ylona already won several awards from various musical awarding bodies in the Philippines.
- In 2017, Ylona was sent and flew to Hollywood, California together with fellow Star Magic artists Bailey May, AC Bonifacio and Jane De Leon as representatives of the Philippines for Simon Fuller's bootcamp for the creation of his new pop group, Now United. Among the four, Bailey May managed to become part of the official members of the new international pop group.
- On October 21 2017, Ylona had a concert entitled "Arrival Ylona Garcia" held in Music Museum in Greenhills, San Juan.
- In 2018, Ylona was cast for a supporting role in the daytime television series Sana Dalawa ang Puso (eng: Two Hearts).
- Ylona shared the same birthday with her fellow teen housemate, Ailah Antopina.
- Ylona recorded two songs while inside the Big Brother house; her song Win the Fight and her rendition of the Magmahal Muli for the 10th anniversary of the series.
- Ylona is considered as the youngest runner-up in the history of Big Brother.
|2nd Big Placer |
Teen Chapter:Ylona Garcia
Adult Chapter:Tommy Esguerra
| Succeeded by|
|Pinoy Big Brother: 737 Housemates|