Xavier Prather is the winner of Big Brother 23 (US).
A member of the Kings, Xavier knew he was in for an intense game, so he started low-key, pretending he was a bartender and not talking much strategy with anyone. His likability got him into several key alliances, most notably The Cookout. At a certain point, with all of the major house targets gone, Tiffany Mitchell orchestrated a plan to get The Cookout to the end. Unfortunately for Xavier, it involved him eventually turning on his team of Kings, with whom he had been incredibly loyal. His game took arguably its biggest hit when he lost his teammate Christian Birkenberger right before jury, a move he disagreed with to the point of nearly flipping the house.
While Xavier remained off the block and relatively away from competitions in the first half of the game, the second half is another story. He played his role in Tiffany’s master plan with his assigned plus one Alyssa Lopez. She accidentally gave him his first nomination via the “Chopping Block Roulette,” and he would proceed to sit in those chairs for the next three weeks after that, mostly as a pawn against Alyssa. When it got down to the Cookout, Xavier was one of the most threatening people left from a competitive perspective. But he had locked down Final Two deals with both Derek Frazier and Kyland Young, the latter of whom even removed him from the block during a double eviction. This gave Xavier the power to clip the biggest threats to his game, including Kyland, who confronted him out the door by asking if his nephew would respect his gameplay. In the end, Xavier being able to get to end despite being a competitive threat was considered impressive by the jury, leading him to win by an unanimous 9-0 vote, becoming the first Black winner in Big Brother U.S. history.
|Xavier Prather Biography|
Three words that describe you: Personable, confident, and fun-loving.
Favorite activities: Playing basketball, spending time with family and friends, exercising, kayaking, hiking, and chillin’.
Who are your favorite Houseguest duos? Those who became best friends in the Big Brother house or had a showmance?
What are you most excited about living inside the Big Brother house?
What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house?
What is your favorite past moment on Big Brother?
What is your strategy for winning the game?
My life’s motto is…
What would you take into the house and why?
Fun facts about yourself:
Player History - Big Brother 23 (US)
|Week 1||HOH Part 1||Loss|
|HOH Part 2||Ineligible|
|HOH Part 3||Ineligible|
|Wildcard||On Immune Team|
|Week 4||HOH||Previous HOH|
|Wildcard||On Immune Team|
|High Roller||Sat Out|
|High Roller||Sat Out|
|HOH Coin Toss||Ineligible|
|HOH Part 1||Win|
|HOH Part 2||Loss|
|Week 12||HOH Part 1||Win|
|HOH Part 2||Unable To Play|
|HOH Part 3||Win|
|Week 10||Have/Have-Not Phase Over|
BB Bucks History
|Beg. Bal||Gain/Loss||End Bal.|
|Week 1||Twist Not Active|
|Week 9||BB Bucks Phase Over|
- In the Week 7 Power of Veto competition, Xavier took the "BB Bankruptcy" punishment, and since he won the Power of Veto, he in turn lost all 150 of his BB Bucks.
- After the conclusion of the Week 8 Head of Household competition, all houseguests randomly chose an envelope to open after receiving their weekly payment from America. In addition to the 75 BB Bucks from America, the envelope granted Xavier 50 BB Bucks.
|Week||Position||Voted for||With Majority?|
|4||Team Immunity||Whitney Williams||Yes|
|5||–||Sarah Beth Steagall||No|
|7||Used POV on Self||Derek Xiao||Yes|
|Sarah Beth Steagall||Yes|
|Used POV on Self||Kyland Young||No|
|12||HOH||Azah Awasum||Sole Vote|
|Original Nominees||Post-Veto Nominees||Intended Target|
Post Big Brother
- Xavier competed on the first season of The Challenge: USA, CBS's spin-off of the flagship MTV series, which featured Big Brother, Survivor, The Amazing Race and Love Island contestants. Fellow BB23 houseguests Alyssa, Azah, Derek X, Kyland and Tiffany also competed, alongside Angela Rummans, David Alexander and Enzo Palumbo.
- Xavier is the first African-American to win a main series season of Big Brother US.
- Xavier is the second houseguest to win with a unanimous vote but not a perfect game, following Tamar.
- Xavier is the sixth houseguest to be vetoed off the block by someone else twice, following Diane Henry, Sheila Kennedy, Dan Gheesling in Big Brother 14, Christie Murphy and Cliff Hogg III.
- Xavier is the fourth houseguest to be Vetoed and not have someone replace them on the block, due to being a special third nominee, following Morgan Willett, Jason Dent, and Christie Murphy.
- Xavier is the ninth African-American houseguest to win two HOHs, following Marcellas Reynolds, Marvin Latimer, Kalia Booker, Danielle Lickey, Omarosa Manigault, Ricky Williams, Kyland Young, and Tiffany Mitchell.
- He is the second African-American to win three HOHs, following Kyland Young
- Xavier, along with Kyland, hold the record for the most competitions won by an African-American Houseguest, with 6 competitions each.
- Both men have won 3 HoH's and 3 PoV's.
- Xavier is tied with Steve Moses, Rachel Reilly, and Morgan Willett, for being the most nominated winner in Big Brother history, with 5 nominations.
- Xavier is the third winner from the state of Michigan, following Dan Gheesling and Nicole Franzel.
- Xavier is the ninth winner to win HOH and POV in the same week, following Jordan Lloyd, Hayden Moss, Rachel Reilly, Andy Herren, Nicole Franzel, Kaycee Clark, Jackson Michie, and Cody Calafiore.
- Every time Xavier was HOH, a member of the Jokers was nominated.
Season 22 - All-Stars
|Big Brother 23 (US) House Guests|