The Unitard is a recurring item in Big Brother. It is attire that is usually a form of punishment that a houseguest can receive as a result of a Power of Veto competition (and in some cases a Head of Household competition). The House Guest that wins it will usually have it wear it for the remaining duration of the week. The Red Unitard was used in seasons 8 through 10, and a different version has appeared in every subsequent season. It is usually won in the Yankee Swap competition.
Big Brother 8
Big Brother 9
The unitard was won by Sheila Kennedy in the Power of Veto competition, Color of Veto.
Big Brother 10
The unitard was won by Michelle Costa in the Power of Veto competition, Slap Shot.
Big Brother 11
This is the first variation of the unitard. This unitard featured oversized goggles, a black cape, and gold shorts with "Captain Unitard" written across the front of the top. It was won by Lydia Tavera.
Big Brother 12
This was the second variation of the unitard, which was tie-dyed and dubbed the "Hippietard". It was won by Kristen Bitting in the Power of Veto competition, The Wizards of Pinball.
Big Brother 13
This is the third variation of the unitard, which was green, donned with a pink tutu, a dunce cap, and had "I'm with stupid" written on the front. It was called the "Humilitard" and it was won by Jordan Lloyd in the Power of Veto competition Big Brother Cornhole.
Big Brother 14
The fourth variation was won by Frank Eudy in the Week 4 Power of Veto competition. This one was purple with "BBU" written on the front and donned with a blue and white skirt. It was called the "Spiritard".
Big Brother 15
Candice Stewart was given a clown unitard, or "Clownitard," to wear as a punishment after the Week 6 Power of Veto competition.
Big Brother 16
Nicole Franzel was given a "Germitard" after winning it in the Week 4 Veto competition. The Germitard was a German folk costume and came with a large sausage attached to a pitchfork.
Big Brother 17
Jackie Ibarra was given a "Knight in Shining Armortard" after winning it in the Week 6 Veto competition. The Knight in Shining Armortard was a silver unitard with a helmet, knight armor, and a shield, it also came with Vanessa Rousso becoming her "squire" and being shackled together for the next 24 hours cleaning Jackie's shield, armor and helmet. After the 24 hours were up, Vanessa was allowed to remove the squire costume, but Jackie had to continue to wear the armor for the rest of the week.
Big Brother 18
Nicole Franzel was given a Super Safety Costume after winning it in America's Care Package, along with immunity for the week. The SSC is made up of an orange unitard with a yellow cape, and a traffic cone hat, along with some reflective tape that can light up.
Corey Brooks was given an American flag-themed unitard dubbed the "Partiotard" in the Week 8 Veto competition. It came with a ballot box glove and a bald eagle puppet, along with an American flag-themed top hat.
Big Brother 19
Jason Dent was given an "X-tremitard" to wear after winning it in the Week 7 Veto competition. A blue, pink, and yellow unitard, with a yellow helmet and a giant pink X on the top, and the words on the chest make it spell out "X-treme".
Big Brother 20
Kaycee Clark was given a Pinwheel Unitard to wear after coming in last place during the season's opening competition. It was rainbow colored and came with wings attached to the arms, blue shorts, and a pinwheel over the torso. To add to the punishment, whenever the pinwheel, dubbed as the "Pinwheel of Doom" began to spin, Kaycee wasn't allowed to leave whatever room she was in until it stopped.
Later, after winning it in the Week 6 Veto competition, she was given a "Health Nut-itard", which is a tan unitard that says "Space Pecs" on both arms, and an additional peanut costume to go on top of it, complete with two giant dumbbells and a yellow headband that also reads "Space Pecs". This marks Kaycee as the first person to wear two unitards in one season.
- Since the tenth season, the Veto competition, in which this punishment is earned, has alternated between weeks 4 and 6, until Big Brother 18 where it appeared in Week 8 in correlation with Zingbot's annual appearance. In Big Brother 19 it appeared in Week 7.
- In the case of Big Brother 11, it was likely that the HOH competition featuring the unitard was originally meant to be played as a Veto competition.
- Frank Eudy was the first man to don the unitard.
- Lydia Tavera, Kristen Bitting and Candice Stewart have all been evicted while wearing the unitard.
- Kristen Bitting is the only person to have worn the unitard and not make the jury.
- Jordan Lloyd and Nicole Franzel are the only returning HouseGuests to wear the unitard; they wore it during their second seasons, Big Brother 13 and Big Brother 18.
- Big Brother 18 is the first season to have had 2 contestants wearing unitards at the same time, being Nicole and Corey. Coincidentally, those 2 were in a showmance during the season.
- If you count Frank, Big Brother 18 is the first season to have had 3 different contestants wearing unitards at any point in their Big Brother careers.
- Nicole Franzel is the first person who has worn the unitard and made it to the final two in the season in which she wore the unitard. She went on to win the game. She was followed by Kaycee Clark.