|Nickname||Toni, Toni G., Tin|
|Born||January 20, 1984|
|Known For|| Actress |
Host of Pinoy Big Brother
|Years Active||2005 - present|
Celestine "Toni" Gonzaga - Soriano is the main presenter of Pinoy Big Brother.
Her infamous greeting quote in every episode is Hello Philippines and Hello World.
Toni Gonzaga started in the entertainment industry at the age of 13. It was in 1997 where she joined a singing competition called "Metropop Star Search", which was then aired on GMA, ABS-CBN's rival Television Network. However, she did not win the competition.
Her biggest break in the entertainment industry was her Sprite TV ad with Filipino actor Piolo Pascual in 2001. She also released her eponymous debut album under Prime Music in the same year at just age 17.
In January 2005, Toni Gonzaga transferred to ABS-CBN, later becoming one of the main hosts of the Pinoy Big Brother series and ABS-CBN's Sunday musical variety show ASAP. Same year, she starred as one of the main leads in her first comedy-horror film, D' Anothers in which Vhong Navarro was her love interest.
In 2006, she released her second album and her first under Star Records entitled "Toni: You Complete Me" and starred in her first prime time drama series "Crazy For You" opposite Luis Manzano. Moreover, her movie You Are The One with Sam Milby was released the same year upon which she was awarded by the Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Foundation, Inc. (GMMSF) the following year for the movie.
In 2007, she released her third studio album Falling in Love and movie You Got Me!. In 2008, she had her first solo major concert at the Aliw Theater titled "Catch Me, Toni Gonzaga: First Major Concert" which had a repeat the same year. After the success of her first major concert, she released her fourth studio album entitled, "Love Is...". Later, she launched her fourth film, My Big Love, her third with Sam Milby. After the blockbuster team up of Gonzaga and Milby, she once again starred opposite Vhong Navarro in the film My Only Ü.
In 2009, Gonzaga starred in a Valentine's Day Special episode of Maalaala Mo Kaya, the longest-running drama anthology on Philippine television and in Asia.
In 2010, she became part of entertainment talk show program The Buzz. She is the SM Cinema's Box Office Queen for 2010 alongside John Lloyd Cruz as the Box Office King for their movie "My Amnesia Girl".
On 30 September 2011, she celebrated her 10th anniversary in Philippine entertainment industry with a concert at the Smart Araneta Center titled "Toni@10" with guests Piolo Pascual, John Lloyd Cruz, Vhong Navarro, Pokwang, Vice Ganda, Sam Milby, her real-life sister Alex Gonzaga, with the special participation of Gary Valenciano. TAG Concept, the production and talent management group owned by the Gonzaga family, co-produced the show with Star Events and Epic Entertainment. Furthermore, for the continuation of the celebration, she released her Greatest Hits album in which her singles from 2006-2010 were included.
The 2011 Female Concert Performer award was given to Toni Gonzaga by the Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Foundation. In October 2012, Gonzaga finally launched her comedy film in which she teamed up with Vice Ganda and Luis Manzano entitled, This Guy's In Love With You, Mare!. The movie is one of the highest grossing Filipino films of all time, earning P315 million when it reached its third week of showing in cinemas nationwide.
On 7 January 2013, Toni entered the Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs contest with the song entry called "Kahit Na", written by Jumbo “Bojam” De Belen. The contest featured songwriters who worked together with Filipino artists to create new OPM music. The song was simultaneously promoted by Star Records Inc. as it was chosen as one of the 12 Grand Finalists. Overall, the song finished in fifth place as the Best P-pop Love Song, thus rewarding the writer of her song Php100,000 in cash.
In February 2013, she became the main host of the singing reality show The Voice of the Philippines. She also starred with Bea Alonzo, Shaina Magdayao, Angel Locsin and Enchong Dee in Cathy Garcia-Molina's Four Sisters and a Wedding.
She starred in the movie, Starting Over Again, and was an instant box office hit which premiered in the Philippines on 12 February 2014.
In 2016, she became one of the judging panel called HIMIGration Officers for the singing reality show called I Love OPM.
Hosting Pinoy Big Brother
Toni is originally one of the co-hosts of Pinoy Big Brother who only narrates the primetime highlights episodes, while Willie Revillame was originally the main host of the show on live shows during its first season in 2005. However, due to the ULTRA stampede related to Willie's afternoon variety show "Wowowee", he decided to leave the show and didn't return for the succeeding series. Toni then replaced Willie as the main host and since Celebrity Edition 1, she became the host of both the live shows and the highlights show.
On Teen Edition 1, Toni left temporarily and was replaced by Mariel Rodriguez as the host of the highlights show and the live shows, whom originally hosted the show's spin-off Pinoy Big Brother: Uplate aired every midnight. Former celebrity housemate, Bianca Gonzalez was added as one of the show's presenters and took over the role of Mariel as the host of Pinoy Big Brother: Uplate. However, Toni returned and host the Teen Edition's Big Night.
During Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition 2, Toni and Mariel were both pranked by Big Brother and made them live inside the house for a specific number of days. She was the second presenter to enter the house with Mariel being inside the house a week ahead of her unexpected entry. At first she was just pranked by Big Brother when he locked the Confession Room's door after she sent the new celebrity housemate Ethel inside the house.
On the second time, it was an unexpected official entry when she was called to go to the confession room after the usual placement of the medallion to the nominated housemates. Both Mariel and the Celebrity housemates were confused. She then later went inside carrying her bathrobe with her name on it and officially welcomed by the housemates as their new house guest. In order for her to get out of the house, she must do some special tasks given by Big Brother. Bianca temporarily took over the two hosts' roles while they were inside the house.
On Pinoy Big Brother 7, the season launched with both Toni and Mariel Rodriguez being pregnant (whom temporarily left the show earlier due to her delicate condition) and in the middle (Week 10) of the Teen Edition, Toni announced to both the housemates and the audiences about her maternity leave as she was about to prepare for the birth of her child. On September 30th, 2016, she gave birth to a baby boy. After six months, she returned back to the show during the first live episode of the Dream Team chapter of the season.
- Toni Gonzaga started hosting Pinoy Big Brother at the age of 21.
- Her sister, Alex Gonzaga was originally announced as the newly added co-host of Pinoy Big Brother: All In, however, just like her, Big Brother surprisingly announced on the opening night that the next celebrity entering would be Alex shocking her once again on live television. A week later, it was clarified that she was only a house guest just like Toni did on Celebrity Edition 2.
- She was the second Big Brother presenter in the history of the series worldwide to live inside the Big Brother house.
- Mariel Rodriguez entered a week ahead of Toni's surprise entry. Both entered as houseguest in Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition 2.
- Davina McCall of Big Brother (UK) became the second main presenter to enter and live inside the Big Brother house when she entered the house during Celebrity Big Brother 7 for a task in 2010.
- Toni sang the Celebrity Edition theme song Sikat ang Pinoy with Sam Milby.
- Toni sang the theme song Pinoy Ako for the Unlimited season.
- On June 12, 2015, she got married to Filipino film director and producer, Paul Soriano in Taytay, Rizal. 
- She also hosts ABS-CBN's reality talent shows such as The Voice of the Philippines, The Voice Teens, I Love OPM and as well as the now defunct show Pinoy Dream Academy.
- On September 30, 2016, she gave birth to her first son, Seve Soriano.
- She suffered from Postpartum Depression after giving birth, resulting to an her extended leave for hosting in Pinoy Big Brother 7. She came back to work six months after, to host Pinoy Big Brother and the first season of The Voice Teens.
- On Pinoy Big Brother 8's January 20, 2019 live episode, Toni was given a surprise birthday greetings from Big Brother, the adult housemates and his husband Paul Soriano and son Seve Soriano who surprised her when they appeared sitting in the Confession Room talking to Big Brother about Toni.
- It was the second time that Toni's birthday was celebrated with her Big Brother family. The first one was in 2011 during Unlimited when she visited the house to attend a birthday celebration organized by the housemates.
- Toni's comedy sitcom "Home Sweetie Home" parodied the life in the Big Brother House in an episode aired on March 2, 2019 where Toni's character, Julie, imagined herself being in the house as a housemate together with the rest of the Home Sweetie Home cast. The Big Brother parody episode revolved around a spoof on house fights and conflicts with Julie ended up getting nominated.
- ↑ http://www.pep.ph/photos/4517/kim-chiu-and-gerald-anderson-kick-off-pbb-all-in-hosts-shocked-when-alex-gonzaga-enters-pbb-house
- ↑ http://www.rappler.com/entertainment/news/96113-toni-gonzaga-paul-soriano-wedding-photos
- ↑ http://k2.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/02/03/13/toni-host-philippine-edition-voice
- ↑ http://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/03/27/17/toni-gonzaga-returns-to-host-the-voice-teens
- ↑ http://www.rappler.com/entertainment/news/147751-toni-gonzaga-paul-soriano-welcome-baby-boy
- ↑ http://entertainment.inquirer.net/220071/toni-gonzaga-struggled-postpartum-depression
|Pinoy Big Brother Presenters|