The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Somewhere Over The Veto (known infamously as the Clown Shoe Veto) is a recurring Head of Household and Power of Veto and Gamechanger competition.
Due to it's quick speed, the competition is usually completed in under 5 minutes. It is traditionally used as a live Veto competition during Double Evictions for this reason.
- The competition area is split into six lanes, with a buzzer at one end, some kind of barricade in the middle, and a ball pit at the other end. Buried within the ball pit is a certain amount of a themed item.Typically, only two or three of this item are present in each ball pit. Additionally, a veto symbol will be hanging on the wall of each pit
- Occasionally, the ball pit may also contain "dud" copies of the item in a different color.
- The competing houseguests all start next to their buzzer. On "go", they must race across the backyard to their ball pit and begin to search for the object in question. Once one of the object is found, the houseguest must race back to their buzzer, deposit the item, and return to the ball pit to continue searching. Houseguests are only allowed to carry one of the item across the backyard at a time.
- Once the houseguest had found and deposited the final of the object in their pit, they must return to their ball pit, grab the veto symbol, and return and hit their buzzer. The first houseguest to hit the buzzer wins the veto.
List of Somewhere Over The Veto Competitions
|10||7||"Veto In A Haystack"|| |
|12||7||"Delivering the Goods"|| |
|13||7||"Clowning Arounds"|| |
|14||6||"Somewhere Over The Veto"|| |
|16||6||"Best of Duck"|| |
|18||7||"Veto Time"|| |
|1||7||"You've Got Mail"|| |
|5||8||"Off The Blocks"|| |
- When this competition was used on Big Brother 13, nominee Jeff Schroeder requested one of the side lanes so that he could throw his balls out the side of the pit, making it easier to find the clown shoes necessary to win the competition. While doing this, he unknowingly threw one of the shoes out the side of the ball pit, making it impossible for him to win the competition and ultimately leading to his eviction.
- Since then, the ball pit setup with typically include nets or other blockades meant to prevent houseguests from throwing their balls out of the pit.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.