A Showmance (a portmanteau of the words show and romance) is a type of relationship formed in the Big Brother house. These involve two House Guests involved in a romantic and flirtatuous relationship, usually for entertainment purposes. However, many reality shows involve showmances. Some of the most memorable showmances are Brendon and Rachel (Seasons 12 and 13) (Brenchel), Jeff and Jordan (Seasons 11 and 13), and McCrae and Amanda (Season 15) (McCranda).
Showmance(s) by Seasons
Big Brother (U.S.)
Big Brother Canada
|1||Alec Beall||Topaz Brady|
|Thomas Plant||Liza Stinton|
|Emmett Blois||Jillian MacLaughlin|
|Peter Brown||Liza Stinton|
|2||Andrew Gordon||Allison White|
- The most common number of showmances per season is two.
- Big Brother 15 has the most showmances with five.
- Jessie Godderz is the first person to have two showmances at once.
- Jessie Godderz holds the record for most showmances ever with three: one in his original season and two in his second season.
- Coincidentally, all three of his showmance partners were of Hispanic descent.
- It should also be noted that Jessie was of hispanic descent.
- Jeff & Jordan and Brendon & Rachel all returned to Big Brother 13 as duos.
- Big Brother 1 has the least amount of showmances with none.
- Big Brother: All Stars is the first, and currently the only time, a showmance sat in the final two together. Mike "Boogie" Malin beat Erika Landin in a 6 to 1 vote.
- James and Sarah are the first showmance to have known each other prior to entering the house. They are followed by Ryan and Jen.
- Brendon & Rachel and Daniele & Dominic are currently the only showmances that have married after leaving the Big Brother House.
Want to play Survivor yourself? Join our version, Survivor: Wikia - Sardinia!