A Showmance (a portmanteau of the words show and romance) is a type of relationship formed in the Big Brother house. These involve two House Guests involved in a romantic and flirtatuous relationship, usually for entertainment purposes. However, many reality shows involve showmances. Some of the most memorable showmances are Brendon and Rachel (Seasons 12 and 13) (Brenchel), Jeff and Jordan (Seasons 11 and 13) (JeJo), McCrae and Amanda (Season 15) (McCranda), & Jessica and Cody (Season 19) (Jody).
Showmance(s) by Seasons
This list only shows showmances in the season they originated in, as some seasons have had both showmance partners return, where the showmance then continued, such as Jeff and Jordan from BB11, and Brendon and Rachel from BB12, who all returned for BB13, where they continued their showmances. However if one person returned and had a showmance with different people in their original seasons than in their second seasons, it will be counted, such as Mike "Boogie" and Dr. Will showmancing Krista and Shannon during BB2 and Erika and Janelle during BB7. The same applies for if one person has a showmance with multiple people in the same season, such as Jessie having a showmance with both Natalie and Lydia during BB11.
Big Brother (U.S.)
Big Brother Canada
|1||Alec Beall||Topaz Brady||Unknown|
|Thomas Plant||Liza Stinton|
|Emmett Blois||Jillian MacLaughlin|
|Peter Brown||Liza Stinton|
|2||Andrew Gordon||Allison White|
|Jon Pardy||Neda Kalantar||Jon + Neda = Jeda|
|3||Jordan Parhar||Sindy Nguyen||Unknown|
|Kevin Martin||Pilar Nemer|
|Zach Oleynik||Ashleigh Wood|
|Sarah Hanlon||Willow MacDonald|
|Jared Kesler||Kelsey Faith|
|Ramsey Aburaneh||Maddy Pavle|
|Nick Paquette||Maddy Pavle|
|5||Demetres Giannistsos||Ika Wong||Demetres + Ika = Demika|
|Dillon Carman||Emily Hawkin||Dillon + Emily = Demily|
|Kevin Martin||William Laprise Desbiens||Unknown|
|Derek Kesseler||Kaela Grant||Derek + Kaela = Daela|
|Jesse Larson||Paras Atashnak||Jesse + Paras = Jaras|
|William Kenny||Veronica Doherty||Unknown|
|7||Adam Pike||Samantha Picco||Samantha + Adam = Sadam|
|Dane Rupert||Estefania Hoyos||Dane + Estefania = Daneste|
|8||Jamar Lee||Minh-Ly Nguyen-Cao||Unknown|
|Micheal Stubley||Madeline Di Nunzio|
|CBB1||Kevin Lapierre||Camille Felton||Unknown|
|Claude Bégin||Lysandre Nadeau|
- The most common number of showmances per season is two.
- Big Brother 15 and 21 have the most showmances with six.
- Big Brother 13, 16, and OTT are tied for the season with the least showmances, all having only one.
- Jessie Godderz is the first person to have two showmances at once. He would later be followed by Ashley Iocco (BB14), and Judd Daugherty (BB15).
- Jessie Godderz and Kathryn Dunn hold the record for most showmances ever with three; Jessie one in his original season and two in his second season, while Kathryn had three in one season.
- Frankie & Zach are the first ever same-sex male showmance in Big Brother history. Sarah & Willow are the first ever same-sex female showmance in Big Brother history.
- Nick Maccarone & Kathryn Dunn are the first showmance to form in the Jury House. They were aptly named the first ever Jurymance.
- Jeff & Jordan and Brendon & Rachel all returned to Big Brother 13 as duos.
- Big Brother 7 and Big Brother 21 are the only times a showmance sat in the Final Two together. Both times it happened, the man in the showmance won against the woman with 6 votes to win.
- James & Sarah are the first showmance to have known each other prior to entering the house. They are followed by Ryan & Jen.
- The first showmance to get engaged after leaving the house was Mike Malin & Krista Stegall, who got engaged during the Big Brother 2 finale, however they broke up before Mike returned for Big Brother 7.
- In order, Brendon & Rachel, Dani & Dominic, Jeff & Jordan, Jessica & Cody, Bayleigh & Swaggy C, and Nicole & Victor are the showmances that have married after leaving the Big Brother House.
- Coincidentally, the first three showmances to get married and have children are the only showmances that were on Big Brother 13.
- Brendon & Rachel were the first showmance to then have a baby after leaving the Big Brother House. Jeff & Jordan, Dani & Dominic, and Cody & Jessica have all followed in order. As of March 2021, all couples excluding Dani & Dominic have a second child together, while Nicole & Victor are expecting their first.
- Swaggy & Bayleigh became the first showmance to conceive a baby during their time in the Big Brother house, but unfortunately Bayleigh miscarried while in Jury.
- , Tyler & Angela and Kevin & Pilar are currently engaged to be married.
- Jeff & Jordan and Nicole & Victor all got engaged in the Big Brother house seasons after they played, while Swaggy & Bayleigh got engaged during their season's finale.
- In Big Brother 22, the house featured a showmance room, containing pillows with the names of all showmances still together at the time: the five couples who were already married at that time, plus Nicole & Victor, who were engaged at the time, and Tyler & Angela, who were dating at the time.
- Despite not being a showmance during their time on their respective seasons, some couples such as Jen Johnson & Nick Starcevic (Big Brother 8 (US)), Kelsey Faith & Phil Paquette (Big Brother Canada 4), Nicole Franzel & Victor Arroyo (Big Brother 18 (US)), Christmas Abbott & Memphis Garrett (Big Brother 22 (US)) and Brooke Warnock & Sheldon Jean (Big Brother Canada 8) started relationships after their seasons ended.
- After their engagement on Big Brother 20 and having a showmance pillow on Big Brother 22, the show appears to have retconned Nicole & Victor as a showmance.
- Christmas & Memphis were rumored to have had a "flirtmance" during the show, however this was only ever shown on the live feeds and never addressed on the aired show.
- Some people from different seasons started relationships as well, such as Josh Souza & Erika Landin (Big Brother 1 & 4 (US)), Bobby Hlad & Maddy Poplett (Big Brother Canada 3 & 6) and Jon Pardy & Kiera Wallace (Big Brother Canada 2 & 7).