Pinoy Big Brother 8, officially called as Pinoy Big Brother: Otso is a five-part series and is the eighth edition and 14th overall season of the Philippine series, Pinoy Big Brother.
According to Director Laurenti Dyogi, the series will have another drastically new theme and gameplay as it will revolve around the eight and infinity concept all throughout, due to the large amount of exactly 55,373 auditionees who tried their luck to become a housemate.
The season's tagline is "Ang Otso, Magpapakatotoo Hanggang Dulo! (Eng. The eight will get real until the End!)" which hints towards the season's major twist.
On the final night of Pinoy Big Brother: Lucky 7, the hosts Toni Gonzaga, Bianca Gonzales and Robi Domingo hinted for a new upcoming season during the closing spiel of the show by saying It has been the longest and biggest season of Pinoy Big Brother, so far!.
Pinoy Big Brother's official Facebook page also posted a photo of the crew with the Season 7 housemates during the PBB Thanksgiving Party with a caption; On behalf of the people behind PBB, Thank you for all of your support. See you next season!.
In September 2017, an alleged Season 8 casting auditions had spread on Facebook stating that there will be auditions on October 15th 2017, The ABS-CBN and Pinoy Big Brother management quickly denied such auditions and and condemned such fake accounts.
On March 28, 2018, Pinoy Big Brother hinted for a "BIG" announcement coming through their Twitter account. 
PBB: Road to Season 8
On August 31, 2018, As part of the promotional teaser for this season, Pinoy Big Brother announced the PBB: Balikbahay (Back to the House) on Youtube. It will be a series of videos featuring memorable moments and highlights from the past 13 seasons from the very first season up to the 13th edition.
On October 20, 2018, the first ever teaser for the season was finally released. The teaser contained highlights from the past series and winning moments of all the Big Winners. It also featured Big Brother's voice at the end by saying "Did you miss my voice?". The teaser also featured a montage of the series' past season logos until the new one was revealed.
The season's official logo was revealed in the teaser. The new logo features a flat, simple and minimalist design. Unlike last season, the logo shifted back to a graphical eye while retaining the house element in the logo. The font changed subtly and the word "otso" which means "eight" in Filipino language was highlighted.
The eye features elements of the Philippine flag as well as the national colors.
As revealed on the second teaser trailer that premiered on October 28, 2018, Toni Gonzaga reprises her role as the show's main presenter for this season together with co-host, Robi Domingo. Bianca Gonzalez withdrew from her hosting duties this year due to pregnancy. Mariel Rodriguez chose not to reprise her role due to busy schedule regarding her baby and hosting It's Showtime.
As a result of Mariel Rodriguez and Bianca Gonzalez's absence, three new alumni joined in as co-hosts this season. Alex Gonzaga joins her sister in hosting the season, after her supposed first PBB hosting stint which turned out to be a set-up for her surprise entry as house guest in 2014. Big Winners Kim Chiu and Melisa Cantiveros who also co-hosted the docu-reality series "Star Hunt: Grand Audition Show" were also added to the set of hosts this year who were nicknamed as "Big Brother's Assistants" as said in the teaser trailer.
As of November 9th, Alex, Kim and Melisa will be hosting the afternoon companion show PBB Gold.
House Blessing and Alumni Homecoming
On November 8th, 2018, two days prior to the live premiere, the annual house blessing was done together with the show's production staff, ABS-CBN's unit heads, other guests as well as some alumni from Season 1 to Lucky 7. An Alumni Homecoming took place in the newly-renovated Big Brother house and gathered together.
ABS-CBN StarHunt: The Grand AuditionsOn March 29, 2018, ABS-CBN officially announced that the network would bring a new process for casting auditions. The producers revealed that they would be launching general casting audition event for all of the network's talent and reality competition series, describing it as a "one stop shop" type of casting process. 
The Star Hunt Grand Auditions would be choosing contestants for several upcoming seasons of various ABS-CBN shows. The shows included for the casting auditions were ABS-CBN's reality shows such as Pinoy Big Brother 8; singing reality shows such as The Voice of the Philippines, Tawag ng Tanghalan, I Can See Your Voice; talent shows such as Pilipinas Got Talent, , Little Big Shots; Dance shows such as Dance Kids, the new Philippine version of World of Dance; as well as life stories for the country's longest running drama anthology show Maalaala Mo Kaya. ABS-CBN's Entertainment Production Director, Laurenti Dyogi, confirmed that they will be the ones who will put the accepted auditionees to which show they would most likely belong depending on their talents and personalities. 
Casting Auditions will be held in various provinces in the Philippines as well as in some countries with sizeable Filipino community overseas. The Casting Auditions for Star Hunt are separated into three categories; Kids, Teens and Adults. 
For the online registration, the auditionees could visit the official website https://starhunt.abs-cbn.com/.
|Audition Schedule for TEENS (13 - 17 years old)|
|April 20, 2018||Metropolitan Manila||Quezon City||Araneta Coliseum|
|May 11, 2018||Bulacan||San Jose del Monte||Starmall - San Jose del Monte|
|Cavite||Bacoor||Vista Mall - Daang Hari|
|May 18, 2018||Pampanga||San Fernando||Vista Mall - Pampanga|
|May 20, 2018||Lazio, Italy||Rome||Teatro Italia - Via Bari|
|May 25, 2018||South Cotabato||General Santos City||Veranza Mall & KCC Mall|
|June 9, 2018||Laguna||Santa Rosa||Vista Mall - Santa Rosa|
|June 16, 2018||Camarines Sur||Naga City||LCC Mall - Naga|
|June 30, 2018||Quezon||Lucena City||Pacific Mall - Lucena|
|July 7, 2018||Zamboanga del Sur||Zamboanga City||KCC Mall de Zamboanga|
|July 14, 2018||Cebu||Mandaue City||Pacific Mall - Cebu|
|July 21, 2018||Albay||Legazpi City||Pacific Mall - Legazpi|
|August 11, 2018||Bohol||Tagbilaran City||Island City Mall|
|August 18, 2018||Leyte||Tacloban City||Robinsons North - Tacloban|
|Audition Schedule for CIVILIAN ADULTS (18 - above)|
|April 21, 2018||Metropolitan Manila||Quezon City||Araneta Coliseum|
|May 12, 2018||Bulacan||San Jose del Monte||Starmall - San Jose del Monte|
|Cavite||Bacoor||Vista Mall - Daang Hari|
|May 19, 2018||Pampanga||San Fernando||Vista Mall - Pampanga|
|May 20, 2018||Lazio, Italy||Rome||Teatro Italia - Via Bari|
|May 26, 2018||South Cotabato||General Santos City||Veranza Mall & KCC Mall|
|June 10, 2018||Laguna||Santa Rosa||Vista Mall - Santa Rosa|
|June 17, 2018||Camarines Sur||Naga City||LCC Mall - Naga|
|July 1, 2018||Quezon||Lucena City||Pacific Mall - Lucena|
|July 8, 2018||Zamboanga del Sur||Zamboanga City||KCC Mall de Zamboanga|
|July 15, 2018||Cebu||Mandaue City||Pacific Mall - Cebu|
|July 22, 2018||Albay||Legazpi City||Pacific Mall - Legazpi|
|August 12, 2018||Bohol||Tagbilaran City||Island City Mall|
|August 19, 2018||Leyte||Tacloban City||Robinsons North - Tacloban|
Star Hunt: Grand Audition Show
On August 20, 2018, the StarHunt: Grand Audition Show premiered on ABS-CBN. The show follows a reality-documentary series format, wherein every weekday from Mondays to Fridays, each episode features inspiring life stories of several auditionees of any age group and their journey throughout the four stages of auditions. The show would also reveal which certain auditionee would appear on which ABS-CBN show they would be chosen to appear.
Two Night Kick-Off Premiere
The season launch was divided into two-parts to accommodate the season's twist. The male housemates were introduced in the first evening while the female housemates were to be introduced on the second night of the launch.
Big Brother's Alumni or the "Pinoy Big Brotherhood" had a bigger participation this season for the first time. They were tasked to certain roles for the premiere. Some alumni were tasked to give the viewers a house tour, some were tasked to host the Online Exclusive aired every commercial break in online livestream. All of the present alumni also participated in the Kick Off's opening production number. The show's presenters, the Gonzaga sisters Toni Gonzaga and Alex Gonzaga sang a new song for the season, entitled "Otso Na! (lit. It's finally Eight!) signifying the start of a new series.
Eight Big Winners also attended the live launch who played an important role as the Big Winner Council in the Housemate Selection twist.
|The Big Winner Council|
For more general information of the Pinoy Big Brother House, check out Big Brother House/Philippines.
On September 7, 2018, a sneak peak of the house renovation for this season was revealed by Director Laurenti Dyogi on his youtube vlog, Vlog#19. In the vlog entry, he revealed that for this season, the floor plan layout of the house will have a massive transformation from the past seasons and only the pool area remained noticeable.
It would be the first time since Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up that the series would have a total reconstruction of the house's interior layout.
Big Brother House - Modern Tropical
The house for this season has a modern tropical interior vibe and design with earthy tones such as greens and browns dominating the colors in the house, especially in the living room and dining room. Native Tropical Filipino elements and aesthetics such as weave patterns and wood textures were also incorporated in the design.
The floor plan was noticeably different and for the first time, the bedrooms were now facing and have direct access to the Pool Area. The living, dining and kitchen area now has an open plan layout. A long hallway that leads to the Confession Room, Eviction Room and Storage Room was also present. The Storage Room now becomes the first room to be entered if one entered via Facade's foyer. The Garden and the Activity Area are still distinguishably intact.
One important noticeable difference of this house to a usual Big Brother house is that, for this house, they got rid of the one-way mirrors that usually surrounds the house. This time, they used a new way of capturing the house where they would rely solely on CCTV cameras to capture the house.
The house was designed by interior designers' Aisa Sta. Maria and Jen Soliman of J-Designs.
A twist about second house called "Camp StarHunt" was revealed at the end of the second live premiere episode where those who failed to gain an official housemate status would stay while fighting their way to get into the Big Brother House and be an official housemate.
For more information about the Camp and its occupants, check out Camp Star Hunt.
- Four-Part Season: For the second time, just like in Pinoy Big Brother 7, this season will be a four-part series but with a very different gameplay to the previous series.
- New Gameplay: As part of the series' theme and concept, this season will have a new way of playing the Big Brother game, with a new format in relation to the season's theme.
- Alumni Involvement: For the first time, the alumni or former housemates will have larger involvement and larger part to play in throughout this season.
- 4 Batch Winners, One Ultimate Big Winner: In every batch, there will be a winner and at the end of the series, these 4 batch winners will battle it out to become the season's ultimate Big Winner.
- New Theme Song: A new special theme song for the season was introduced live on the season premiere launch called "Otso Na! (lit. This is Eight!)".
- Technical Upgrade: As revealed on Laurenti Dyogi's vlog, the house cameras increased and were now upgraded to HD cameras and additional GoPro cameras. A huge improvement was also made to the production's control room. According to Big Brother's Dutch consultants Anushka and Martijn, the production's upgrade was to enhance a new way of having a hands-on and dramatic storytelling. As a result of this upgrade, camera alleys inside the main house area were removed.
- Two-Night Premiere: This season will have a two-night premiere event to accomodate the housemate selection twist. On the first night, the male housemates were introduced while the second night were the females.
- Two Houses: Once again, there will be two houses used for this season to accomodate the season's twist.
- Changes to Schedule: With the new format, the nominations and eviction were now done within every Sunday live episode, only to be separated by a commercial break as opposed to the one week gap between the two.
Overview of the Season's Format
This season introduced a new format of gameplay, which is connected to the season's theme. This is the first time that this format will be implemented in the history of Pinoy Big Brother.
To have an overview on how this season will play out, expand this tab to read more:
|Overview of the Season's Format|
In every batch, The first 16 Star Hunt shortlisters called "Star Dreamers" will be introduced, but only 8 of them would earn the official housemate status and move in to the Big Brother House.
The first 8 Official Housemates to enter in every batch will be determined by a series of Housemate Selection process. Those 8 Star Dreamers who failed to become an official housemate will be sent to a special place called Camp Star Hunt where they will be staying over the weeks facing various challenges in order to prove their worth of becoming an official housemate and move to the Big Brother House.
The number of housemates inside the Big Brother House will always remain 8. It means that there will always be 8 housemates living in the house up until the end of the series. It also applies to the number of Star Dreamers living in the camp.
Each batch will last for 8 weeks and in every eviction, one official housemate will be evicted from the Big Brother House and he/she will be replaced by one Star Dreamer from Camp StarHunt who will become an official housemate. Because of this, the number of housemates in the Big Brother House will always revert back to eight every week up until the end of every batch.
Meanwhile, once a Star Dreamer moves out from the Camp Star Hunt, he/she will be replaced by a new Star Dreamer who will move in to the camp, reverting their number back to 8 as well.
On the eighth week of every batch, a "Batch Winner" will be determined among the 8 official housemates who managed to remain in the Big Brother House until Week 8.
After the four batches determine its Batch Winners, these 4 batch winners will re-enter the house once again and will compete for the "Ultim8 Batch". They will be joined by four fan-favorite housemates, one per each batch, to complete the Ultimate Chapter.
From there, in the final two weeks of the season, the 4 Batch Winners and 4 Fan Favorites will fight their way to the top in order to become the season's Ultim8 Big Winner!
- Eight Housemates: Throughout each batch, the maximum number of housemates is eight. As the season's tagline says, eight until the end, there will be no deduction to the eight housemates as whenever a housemate leaves, a new one moves in.
- One Out, One In: For 8 weeks, in each eviction night, one housemate from the Big Brother House will be voted out and be evicted. On the otherhand, his/her spot will be taken by a Star Dreamer from Camp StarHunt who will cross-over to the Big Brother House and become an Official Housemate.
- Star Dreamers: On the launch night, 16 Potential Shortlist Housemates officially called as "Star Dreamers" were introduced on the live launch wherein they must undergo through the Housemate Selection twist in order to earn the "official housemate" status. Only 8 of these Star Dreamers would become an official housemate.
- Live Housemate Selection: The first twist of this series is that, since only 8 housemates will enter the house per each batch, the potential shortlist housemates must undergo through a series of selection process right in front of a live audience in the premiere night. The processes are the following:
- 88-Second Challenge: The first and second official housemate will be determined by the 88 Seconds Challenge. The winners from the two sets of Star Dreamers will earn the official housemate status.
- Big Winners' Choice: 8 Big Winners, also called as "Council of 8" would sit on the jury panel and they must select one shortlist housemate. The shortlist housemate with the most votes from the panel would be an official housemate.
- Viewer Votes: The viewers will be the ones who will determine who among the remaining unselected shortlisters will be an official housemate. The one with the most votes from the viewers would an the official housemate. This would make the number of housemates in the Big Brother to always revert back to 8, up until the 8th Week of each batch.
- Camp StarHunt: A special area called "Camp StarHunt" was introduced on Day 2, where the 8 Star Dreamers who failed to become an official housemate would live, stay and fight for their place to get into the Big Brother House. They must prove their worth on becoming an official housemate. For more information, check out the Camp Star Hunt.
- Ultim8 Batch: With the completion of the first four batches with its four batch winners, the batch winners will re-enter the house and. Together with one fan favorite housemate chosen by the viewers from each of the four batches, they will fight their way up in order to become the season's Ultim8 Big Winner.
- Back-to-Back Nominations and Eviction: Nomination and Eviction happens in the same evening, separated only by a commercial break.
- Big Celebr8ty Challenge: Every week, the housemates would be paired up to compete for immunity. As part of their challenge, various celebrities would visit the house each week and participate to challenge the housemates' focus and presence of mind. The winning pair would receive immunity and will be safe from nominations.
- Throwback Tasks & Challenges: Some of the challenges or tasks done in the past seasons would re-appear once more in this season.
Batch 1 Twists
- Decemversus: On Week 5, the twist was introduced where the Official housemates and Star Dreamers will fight for their slots in the house throughout the week in a series of challenges. If the official housemates lost, two of them will be evicted and will be replaced by two Star Dreamers. If they won the challenge, only one of them will get evicted at the end of the week.
- Houseplayers: After the last Teen Star Dreamer to cross-over was announced, the remaining Star Dreamers in the camp received a new chance to enter the house, but as houseplayers. At the end of Week 6, 2 new houseplayers will be announced.
Part 1: 1st Batch of Teen Housemates
|Part 1: Teen Housemates|
Part 2: 1st Batch of Adult Housemates
Part 3: 2nd Batch of Teen Housemates
Part 4: 2nd Batch of Adult Housemates
Part 5: The Ultim8 Batch
Housemate Selection History
Batch 1: Teen Housemates
Notable House Guests
Throughout the series, Big Brother would invite some celebrities, may it be local or international to visit the Big Brother House for various reasons, mostly for task-related purposes and for media promotions. The following are the series' notable visitors.
To occupy the time inside the house, Big Brother may give some activities unrelated to their weekly tasks. These tasks may be a reward task, a daily task, a secret task, or simply a task that could highlight a housemate's character.
Big Celebr8ty Challenge
The Ligtask Challenge was brought back in the form of the Big Celebr8ty Challenge. Every Saturday, the housemates will compete in a challenge for an Immunity from the Nominations. Each week, there will be a celebrity guests that would be participating for certain roles in the challenge.
On Week 5, the Decemversus Challenge was revealed as a competition between the Official Housemates against the Star Dreamers of Camp Star Hunt. If the Official Housemates got defeated by the Camp Star Hunt dreamers, there would be a double eviction and two Star Dreamers would replace them instead. If the House wins against the Camp, only one housemate would be evicted and only one Star Dreamer would enter at the end of the week. Template:PBB8 Decemversus
Batch 1: Teens
Batch 2: Adults
Batch 3: Teens
Batch 4: Adults
Part 1 - Teens
Part 2 - Adults
Part 3 - Teens
Part 4 - Adults
Part 1 - Teens Game History
Chapter Premiere - Housemate Selection
Part 1:The Boys
The first part of the two-night live premiere of the season started by introducing the 8 male teen shortlist Star Dreamers who will compete for the first four Official Housemate slot and will move in to the Big Brother House.
The first four introduced were Seth Fedelin, Achilles Samain, Ali Abinal and Rhys Eugenio. The four were immediately put to the test as they battled against each other in the "88 Second Challenge". Seth managed to win the challenge, making him the first ever official housemate to enter this season. The three losing star dreamers were sent backstage in the waiting area.
The second set were introduced which consisted of Aljon Mendoza, Art Guma, Gabby Sarmiento and Josh Worsley who also performed another "88 Second Challenge". Aljon and Gabby went into a tiebreaker round but Aljon managed to win, making him the second official housemate to enter.
The Star Dreamers who failed to win the two challenges were sent back on stage and pleaded among the Big Winners why they deserved to enter the Big Brother House. The Big Winners eventually chose Art Guma to become an official Housemate.
The final slot among the male teen Star Dreamers were decided by the viewers. After pleading to the viewers, Josh Worsley got the highest amount of viewer votes, making him an official housemate.
The remaining four who failed to become official housemates were put onhold due to a special announcement revealed for the following day.
Part 2:The Girls
The second part of the live premiere began with the introduction of the first four female teen star dreamers, Jillian Pilones, Sansan Dagumampan, Missy Quino and Angelie Reposposa who competed for their "88 Second Challenge". Jillian and Missy got into a tie breaker, with Jillian winning and making her an official housemate. The second four were introduced. Criza Taa, Kaori Oinuma, Krist Vertudez and Karina Bautista competed for their "88 Second Challenge" with Kaori winning and becoming an official housemate.
The boys, Achilles Samain, Ali Abinal, Rhys Eugenio and Gabby Sarmiento who failed become an official housemate were sent back onstage together with the female teen star dreamers Criza Taa,Sansan Dagumampan, Krist Vertudez, Missy Quino who failed to get selected and were announced to have a second chance to enter the house and were sent to Camp Star Hunt to prove their worth to becoming an official housemate.
Week 8 - Part One Finale
Part 2 - Adults Game History
Part 3 - Teens Game History
Part 4 - Adults Game History
Part 5 - The Ultim8 Batch Game History
Big Brother aims to make his housemates to value his commands, his house rules and one's self-discipline. He is very strict when it comes to rules so whenever a housemate violates a rule, he/she will receive a corresponding punishment.
Part 1: Teen Batch Weekly Rewind
Fake News and Cyberbullying
Within just two weeks since the season launch, some of the housemates couldn't escape the harsh comments and issues made by several netizens in various social media sites. Throughout the first two weeks, various fake news and statements were posted in social media targeting housemates Angelie Reposposa, Art Guma and Criza Taa.
Angelie Reposposa who naturally has a wacky and eccentric character was heavily bashed on Facebook and Twitter for being an over-reacting person while Art Guma was criticized regarding his sexuality and received discriminating and derogatory comments. Some fake news and clickbait videos started spreading in Youtube headlining his "coming out" to Big Brother when in fact it didn't happen at all. On the otherhand, the first Camp Starhunt Dreamer to cross over the Big Brother House, Criza Taa received harsh hate comments in social media after some fake transcripts of the housemates' conversation started spreading on Facebook.
To address the issue and protect its housemates, Pinoy Big Brother started airing a weekly digital live talkshow on Facebook and Youtube similar to Pinoy Big Brother Online called "Youthtube", hosted by Robi Domingo and Bianca Gonzalez. The open forum talkshow together with special panel of guests from various fields from psychology to judiciary, discussed the issues regarding these housemates' issues on social media. They also tackled the issue of Fake News, Cyber Libel and Cybercrime and gave insights on how to combat these controversies and what consequences will people face if these were brought to the hands of the law. The link to the livestream of YouthTube is in here:YouthTube - November 25,2018.