OTEV known specifically as OTEV The _____ is a recurring Power of Veto competition.
OTEV is a musical chairs-style competition played in rounds, with one person being eliminated each round until there is only one person left.
- The playing area features the OTEV statue with five (to begin with) kneeling spots in front of it at the top of a platform only accessible by a slippery ramp. Surrounding this are several different zones filled with the item of the challenge.
- The six (or however many players there are left) kneel before the OTEV at the beginning of each round. There is one less kneeling spot than there are players left.
- OTEV will sing a song or recite a rhyme describing, depending on the season:
- A previously evicted houseguest.
- Two previously evicted houseguests.
- A previously played competition.
- The day for a specific event in the house.
- A specific event.
- When OTEV says "Go", the players must rush down the ramp and look for the item displaying, depending on the season:
- The name of the houseguest OTEV described.
- A mashup of the names of the two houseguests OTEV described.
- The name of the competition OTEV described.
- Numbers for the day of the event.
- The number of people who participated in the event.
- Once the player has found the correct item, they head back up the ramp and kneel on one of the kneeling spots. One player will be left without a spot to kneel on.
- If all of the players on the kneeling spots brought back the correct item, the last person to return will be eliminated.
- If one of the players brought back the wrong item and the person not on a kneeling spot brought back the right item, the person who brought back the wrong item will be eliminated.
- Once a player has been eliminated, a new round begins.
- The last person standing wins the Power of Veto.
List of the OTEV Competitions
|7||7||"Voo Doo Dolls"|| |
|8||8||"Catscratch Veto"|| |
|9||8||"OTEV the Great and Powerful Rhyming Rain God"|| |
|11||7||"OTEV the Ape"|| |
|12||8||"OTEV the Broadway Clam"|| |
|13||9||"OTEV the Sweet-Toothed Shark"|| |
|14||8||"OTEV the Absent Minded Alien"|| |
|15||8||"OTEV The Broken Hearted Beaver"|| |
|16||7||"OTEV the Pissed-Off Penguin"|| |
|17||8||"OTEV the Rockin' Roll"|| |
|18||5||"OTEV the Dope DJ"|| |
|19||6||"OTEV the Possessed Piglet"|| |
|20||7||"OTEV the Sneezy Skunk"|| |
- OTEV is a play on the word "veto", as "OTEV" is "veto" backwards.
- The voice of OTEV has occasionally been provided by a special guest.
- Jordan Lloyd, Frank Eudy and Nicole Franzel are the only houseguests to compete in this competition twice. All three lost both times.
- Both times that Frank competed, he had been on the block and was evicted that week.
- [[Big Brother 10 (US)}|Big Brother 10]] is the only season since Big Brother All-Stars to not feature an OTEV competition.
- Big Brother 18 features an OTEV competition the earliest at week 5.
- No one who has won OTEV has then gone on to win the game.
|Big Brother Recurring Competitions|
|100 Minutes • An Offer You Can't Refuse • As Close As You Can • Ask The Evictee • BB Comics • BB Storm Watch • Before or After • Big Top Drop • Bowlerina • Caged Eggs • Dizzy Discs • Domino Effect • Faster Than A Speeding Veto • Feeling Knotty • Fitting In • Foam Party • Golf Invitational • Hide and Go Veto • In The Balance • It's Time to Reflect • Jury Statements • Knight Moves • Knockout • Last One Standing • Majority Rules • Morph 'O' Matic • Niagara Balls • OTEV • Perfect Shot • Pick Your Poison • Pull Some Strings • Punch, Slap, Kick • Ready, Set, Woah • Seesaw • Sequence Explosion • Slapshot • Slippery Slope • Solve For X • Somewhere Over The Veto • Spelling Search • Stay or Fold • The Black Box • The Haunting • The Wall • Tightrope • Time Flies • Tumblin' Dice • What The Bleep? • What Did They Just Do? • What's The Hold Up • Wheel Of First Impressions • Who Did What? • Weight Gain • Who Said It? • Yankee Swap • Zingbot Competition|