Hometown: Long Island, New York
Current city: Long Island, New York
Occupation: Preschool Aide
Three adjectives that describe you: Hardworking (I always give my 100 percent), determined (if I want something, I won't stop until I get it) and hilarious (I crack myself up constantly)!
Favorite activities: Reading (novels, the classics, fan fiction, blogs, people's analysis of song lyrics or discussion of a movie, ANYTHING!), listening to music (because it does it all: it makes me zen, pumps me up, etc.) and drawing (I have some badass artistic skills hiding up my sleeve).
What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house?
The most difficult part of living in the Big Brother house, for me, will be making sure that I think before I speak and that I bite my tongue when I really want to tell someone off. But, then again, I have to do that every single day at work, so at least I've had practice.
Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most?
The Big Brother Houseguest that I liked the most was Paul Abrahamian. He was authentically himself, didn't take BS from anyone, and ran that house while most everyone else mindlessly followed. I admire his ability to stay true to himself and not feel the need to apologize or explain his reasons. He played the game and played it well.
Do you have a strategy for winning the game?
Yes, my strategy for winning the game is to play it as authentically and objectively as I can. In other words, I want to stay true to myself and connect with people on real, personal levels while also remembering to play the game non-emotionally for what it is: a game. Yes, the other people are my game pieces, but they are still people.
My life's motto is...
"Here comes the sun" because I strongly believe that things, no matter how bad they may be, will always get better.
What would you take into the house and why?
- A locked journal (so that I can write my experiences, opinions, etc. and compare them to the real events later... also to keep track of important information for competitions, of course! ha-ha).
- My iPod (because I have all my songs on it: the ones that calm me down, the ones that pump me up, etc.).
- A book, ANY BOOK (just so my English language arts mind has something to read and analyze).
Fun facts about yourself:
- I am a grammar-loving perfectionist who has been known to (in my head, most times) correct others' grammar when they are speaking.
- I love solving puzzles and mysteries. Because of this, I have played all of the Nancy Drew video games!
- I was a bit of a terror when I was young (and I guess I still am!): I locked my parents in the basement because they wouldn't tell me what was in a bag, I called 911 on my parents because I didn't get my way, and I unscrewed the lug nuts on the upstairs toilet and practically flooded the kitchen, to name a few).
- I was platinum blonde for the majority of my college career! It was fabulous! Currently, my hair is red, though it changes often... or, rather, I change it often... because I am not a chameleon.
- My grandmother, whom I was very close to, passed away on my birthday, so the date/numbers 12/26 mean a great deal to me!