Neil was the first houseguest in the U.S. version to voluntarily exit the game due to urgent personal matters. It was later discovered that one of his relatives was one of the victims in the 2008 Northern Illinois shooting. After being called into the Diary Room on Day 7 and decided it was a necessity to leave the game to be with his family.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Los Angeles, CA
Neil is a gay man who resides in Los Angeles, California. He studied criminology, criminal justice, political science and business management in college but did not earn a degree. He is currently working as a real estate agent though acknowledges that it is a tough profession to be in right now.
Neil is close to his mother and says no matter what they are talking about they always end up laughing. She is currently in the throes of a divorce and he is definitely there to support her in her time of need.
He came to Los Angeles from Texas to pursue a modeling and acting career but gave it up when he encountered so many people there that he considers phony. He enjoys snow boarding, running, swimming, rollerblading, lifting weights, hiking and going to the beach. He plays dodge ball, kick ball, touch and ding dong ditch, which he plays with his little brother. He likes to watch figure skating, snow boarding and gymnastics.
Neil is currently single and describes himself as loyal, outgoing and energetic.
His birth date is September 16, 1978.
Player History - Big Brother 9
|Week 1||Power Couple||Loss|
|Week||Position||Voted For||With Majority?|
Post Big Brother
- Neil is the first person in Big Brother history to "walk" from the game. He would later be followed by Dick Donato in Season 13, and Megan Lowder in Season 19.
- Neil was the first houseguest to place 15th in a season.
- Neil is the first, and currently only contestant to have no aired Diary Room confessionals throughout their time in the house.
- Big Brother 9: Neil Garcia *The real reason:*.
- Rocchio, Christopher (20 February 2008). 'Big Brother' reveals Neil Garcia departure, leaves details unexplained. Reality TV World. Retrieved on 17 July 2018.
|Big Brother 9 (US) Houseguests|