Melisa Cantiveros is the winner of Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up.
Known as the goofiest housemate to ever live inside the Big Brother house, Melisa or Melai as what the housemates call her is memorable for her comical personality, her goofy gestures, sense of humor, her undeniably bubbly and positive personality, and laughter inside, no matter which house she's staying. She immediately became a fan favorite. She also popularized the expressions Char and Over which she constantly used inside the house.
Melisa entered the house on Day 1, initially entering in House B. But on Day 2, Big Brother revealed to her the secret twist of the season which was yet unknown to all of the housemates. She discovered that the Season has two houses, and she will be transferring to the other house without her housemates knowing the twist. She took part in the first House Swap of the season, with the housemate from House A, Tom Rodriguez.
She moved to House A on Day 2. Throughout her stay in House A, she became friends with of the housemates especially with Rica Paras and Carol Batay, but she also formed a tight friendship with the housemate Jason Francisco which later blossomed to romantic relationship.
Their blossoming romance became one of the best surprises this season where in thousands of viewers were hooked in their love story. Their funny yet romantic relationship became a nationwide phenomenon, where they eventually got their love team name Melason, a witty and funny play in the Filipino phrase, "May lason (eng. There's poison). One of their funny moments was joking about a mosquito who got into the house as their child which they named Dengue. On Week 7, Big Brother gave them a baby doll as Dengue their son. It had a face with both of their features combined with Melisa's curly hair, gap tooth and flat nose and Jason's dopey eyes, lips and piercing. When "Typhoon Apart" twist came in to the house, Jason and Melisa were separated as the female housemates had to swap houses. It left the two devastated and missing each other. Big Brother even played along with their comedic romance, and even held a fake custody hearing for the separated parents for their baby doll.
On Day 65, Big Brother provided a special date between the two, held in House B's Garden. There, a typically shy Jason confessed about her real feelings for Melisa, and finally asked her to be her girlfriend. It became one of the highlights of the series and one of the most unforgettable moments that took place inside the house in the history of Pinoy Big Brother.
On Week 18, Melisa became the last woman standing on the final five housemates. The final five competed for the endurance themed Big Jump Competition where they had to stand on their own platform at the center of the swimming pool to secure a slot for the Big Night. The competition was divided into levels every after one hour, such as standing with one foot, standing in a "T" position etc. They have to stand as long as possible and who ever remained standing will be get a secure spot for the Big Night. After several hours, Steve Jumalon gave up in favor of Melisa, making her the Big Jump winner of the season, and securing her place on the Big Night.
Melisa was declared as the season's Big Winner after 133 days after she gathered 1,226,695 actual votes which is 32.08% of the total percentage of text votes, making her the fifth female contestant to win Pinoy Big Brother.
|Melisa Cantiveros Biography|
As a child, Melisa would often be teased by people as an adopted child because she looks different from her siblings. But she would just laugh off whatever others would say. At a young age Melisa already had a good sense of humor. She was the center of attention among her friends, and she won as president of the student council because of her popularity in their university. Whatever she lacks in looks, she makes up with her witty punch lines.
What would you consider your greatest accomplishment so far?
Player History - Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up
|Week 1||Team A||Weekly Task 1||Win|
|Week 2||Team A||Weekly Task 2||Win|
|Week 3||Team A||Weekly Task 3||Win|
|Week 4||Team A||Weekly Task 4||Loss|
|Week 5||Team A||Weekly Task 5||Loss|
|Week 6||Team A||Weekly Task 6||Win|
|Week 7||Team A||Weekly Task 7||Loss|
|Week 8||Team B||Weekly Task 8||Loss|
|Week 9||Team B||Weekly Task 9||Win|
|Week 10||House United||Weekly Task 10||Loss|
|Week 11||House United||Weekly Task 11||Win|
|Week 12||House United||Weekly Task 12||Win|
|Week 13||House United||Weekly Task 13||Loss|
|Week 14||House United||Weekly Task 14||Win|
|Week 15||House United||Weekly Task 15||Loss|
|Week 16||House United||Weekly Task 16||Win|
Weekly Budget History
|Week 1||with Budget|
|Week 2||with Budget|
|Week 3||with Budget|
|Week 6||with Budget|
|Week 8||with Budget|
|Week 11||with Budget|
|Week 12||with Budget|
|Week 14||with Budget|
|Week 16||with Budget|
|Week 18||Big Jump||Win|
Hand Grenade History
|Week 1-10||Twist Not Active|
|Week 18||Hand Grenade Phase Over|
Post Big Brother
- Because of the phenomenal popularity of Jason and Melisa as Melason, the two starred in their own reality series called Melason in Love, which followed their lives after Pinoy Big Brother. However, throughout the series, they still stay inside the Big Brother house but the series' rules were no longer in effect.
- On the September 8, 2013 episode of The Buzz, she revealed in an interview with Boy Abunda that she married Jason Francisco on December 9, 2012 and was pregnant with their first child. Their daughter, Amelia Lucille, was born on April 3, 2014 in General Santos.
- In 2015, Melisa was among the celebrity contestants in Your Face Sounds Familiar's first season. She eventually became the first ever to win the show.
- In 2016, Melisa was cast in ABS-CBN's daytime drama series, We Will Survive as one of the main characters in the show.
- In 2016, Melisa became one of the hosts in ABS-CBN's morning talk show, Magandang Buhay, together with Karla Estrada and Jolina Magdangal.
- Ironically the 3 entered as House guest for the PBB: Jolina enters as a mentor along with Nyoy, Melai enters with Jason to help the PBB 737 housemates for the Big ball, while Karla estrada entered the house as a temporary ruler while Big Brother is away in PBB 737
- On July 26, 2016, however, she and Jason confirmed their separation from their marriage of almost three years through their daughter's Instagram. They have since reconciled, and at the same time, announced that they are expecting a second child. She has given birth to a second daughter, Stela Rosalind, on April 9, 2017. 
- In 2017, Melisa and Jason guested on the game show Bet on your Baby together with their daughter, Amelia, where they won the jackpot prize of Php 1,000,000. 
- Melisa is the fifth female contestant to win Pinoy Big Brother and the third female in a row to win the civilian edition.
- Melisa is the first contestant to win the Big Jump Competition and the first to receive a secured spot in the Big Night finale.
- She is considered by her fans as the luckiest woman when it comes to reality game shows due to her winnings in every game show she appeared.
- She came from General Santos in South Cotabato, where the world renowned boxing champion Manny Pacquiao originated.
- Melisa is considered by many as the younger version of the late Elizabeth Ramsey due to their uncanny resemblances. In fact, she impersonated her in on Week 9 of Your Face Sounds Familiar Season 1. Both are also Visayan speakers.
- Maymay Entrata who eventually won Pinoy Big Brother: Lucky 7 was often compared to Melisa due to their similar goofy and hyper characteristics. Coincidentally, both of them came from Mindanao and both speak Visayan as their native language.
- Melai is the Fifth Pinoy Big Brother housemate to become a host in a PBB season: PBB Otso.
- ↑ http://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/02/13/10/melai-wins-pbb-double
- ↑ http://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/02/26/10/meet-melai-unlikely-queen-big-house-meet-melai-unlikely-queen-big-house
- ↑ http://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/04/05/14/melai-jason-announce-baby-daughters-name
- ↑ http://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/04/10/17/look-melai-gives-birth-to-second-child
- ↑ http://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/05/21/17/watch-melai-family-win-p1-million-on-bet-on-your-baby
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH72W8G0800
Teen Edition Plus
| Succeeded by|
Teen Clash of 2010
|Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up Housemates|