Lisa Donahue is the winner of Big Brother 3.
Originally aligned with Chiara Jude Berti, Roddy Mancuso, and her showmance Eric Ouellette, Lisa found herself sitting on the block next to Eric in Week 4. Although Eric was evicted, she discovered that Chiara and Roddy had turned on her, causing Lisa to shift loyalties to the other side of the house, particularly building a strong relationship with Danielle Reyes. When Eric was given a chance to get back into the game, Lisa voted against it, so that she could play the game without distraction and avoid a target being put on her back. Lisa eventually made it to the final three with her allies Danielle and Jason Guy, after managing to survive over Amy Crews at the final 4. She won the final Head of Household competition, choosing to evict Jason, and taking Danielle to the final two. Her social game and likability helped her become the first female winner in the show's history, and take away $500,000. She lasted 82 days in the house, and received 9 of the 10 votes from The Jury.
Lisa was later one of the 20 candidates eligible to be voted back into Big Brother 7. However, she was not selected.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Marital Status: Single
From: Los Angeles, CA
Three adjectives that best describe me: Fun loving, complex, full of emotion
Favorite film: As Good As It Gets
Favorite TV show: Friends, The Osbournes
Favorite actor: Jack Nicholson
Favorite actress: Meg Ryan
Favorite band: Remy Zero, The Calling
Favorite hobbies: Hiking, dancing, going to lunch with friends, reading, photography (my favorite)
Personal hero: Shirley Temple Black
Why did you want to be on BIG BROTHER? I'm using Big Brother as a chance to get away and to meet new people whom I know nothing about and who know nothing about me. It's a chance for me to play around a bit, to have fun and to be mean if I have to without getting into trouble.
What strengths do you bring to BIG BROTHER? I am a great team player who can get along with all types of people. You can't dislike me--you may want to try, but you won't--that will keep me in the house.
What weaknesses do you bring to BIG BROTHER? Probably the intellectual competitions. I'm not the smartest cookie in the house, but I'm the tastiest! Street smart is a different story than book smart.
What comfort item from home will you miss the most?: My cat Herman. He's the love of my life, my bed buddy and I don't know how I'm going to sleep without him.
What type of news from the outside world will you miss the most? The radio! I could care less about what's going on outside the House as far as current events go. But God forbid I miss a new good song. That's gonna kill me.
Do you tend to perform better in physical or mental competitions? Physical competitions. I love being active and physical with everything I do. Mentally, I'm pretty good if it has to do with being creative, but I'm not a book smart girl.
How do you plan to win BIG BROTHER? Everyone's gonna like me or love to hate me; that alone will keep me in the House. Then I'll just have to select who gets voted off when!
What is your biggest fear as you begin BIG BROTHER? Being the first person evicted, Not gonna happen, but a little of that fear is there.
What is your motto? Be happy and love myself first.
Player History - Big Brother 3
|Week 2||HOH||Previous HOH|
|Week 11||HOH Part 1||Win|
|HOH Part 2||Unable to Play|
|HOH Part 3||Win|
|Week||Position||Voted for||With Majority?|
|5||POV Holder||Josh Feinberg||Yes|
|6||Returning HG||Amy Crews||Yes|
|–||Chiara Jude Berti||Yes|
|11||HOH||Jason Guy||Sole Vote|
|Original Nominees||Post-Veto Nominees||Intended Target|
Post Big Brother
- Lisa, along with ten other Big Brother alumni, appeared on an episode of Yes, Dear that aired on October 20, 2003.
- Lisa attended the premiere of Big Brother 20.
- On her 45th birthday, February 4, 2021, Lisa announced that she had been diagnosed with stage 2 cervical and ovarian cancer and had undergone a hysterectomy.
- Lisa is the first Head of Household to nominate a replacement nominee after one of the original two was removed via the Power of Veto.
- Lisa is the only woman to win Head of Household more than once in Big Brother 3.
- Lisa is the first houseguest to win the first Head of Household competition and ultimately win the season. She would be followed by Hayden Moss, Rachel Reilly, Nicole Franzel and Cody Calafiore.
- Lisa was the first houseguest to win the first and last Head of Household competitions. Lisa would later be followed by Hayden, Rachel and Cody.
- Lisa is the first woman to win a season of Big Brother (US).
- Lisa is the second winner, and the first woman, to appear first in the intro, following Will Kirby. They would be followed by Jordan Lloyd and Nicole Franzel.
- Lisa set the record for the most jury votes in a single season with 9. This was tied by Kevin Martin on Big Brother Canada 5, Tamar Braxton on Celebrity Big Brother 2 (US), and Cody Calafiore on Big Brother 22 (US). Unlike the others who followed her, Lisa did not win her season in an unanimous jury vote.
- She is the earliest winner to have never returned to play the game again, although she was a candidate for Big Brother 7.
- Big Brother 3 Houseguests: Lisa Donahue (June 3, 2009). Retrieved on April 5, 2020.
- Eleven former 'Big Brother' houseguests to guest star on CBS's 'Yes, Dear,' on Monday, October 20. Reality TV World (14 October 2003). Retrieved on 6 October 2018.
- BB Family photo from the premiere!. Reddit (27 June 2018). Retrieved on 27 June 2018.
|Big Brother 3 (US) Houseguests|