Jury Statements (sometimes called Jury Questions, Tip The Scale, and Scales of Just Us) is a recurring Head of Household competition, usually used as the 3rd part of the Final HOH competition of the season. Thus, it is used to determine who the Final HOH of the season is, securing them a spot in the Final 2.
The houseguests are asked a series of questions about the Jury. Typically each question is to finish off an open-ended statement made by one of the jurors. The houseguests answer either "A" or "B" for one of possible endings. If they are right, they receive a point. This continues for all the jurors; the houseguest with the most points wins the final HoH of the season.
This competition was usually held in the living room. On seasons 15 through 17, the competition was held in the backyard on scales.
If there is a tie, then the houseguests will take out a chalkboard and be asked a question about an amount of something, whether it be time or an object. Whoever has the closest number without going over wins. If both go over, whoever has the closest number wins.
List of Jury Statements Competitions
|15||"Tip the Scale"|
|16||"Scales of Just Us"|
- Out of the sixteen times played, eleven winners and five runner-ups have won the competition.
- It is always used as the last part of the final HoH.
- Dan Gheesling is the only person to ever compete in this twice. He has won once.
- Had Janelle Pierzina won either Part 1 or Part 2 of the Final HoH in BB7, she would have also achieved this feat, and she would have achieved it first.
- Maggie Ausburn and Sarah Hanlon are the only winners to not compete in this competition.