The houseguests are asked a series of questions about the Jury. Typically each question is to finish off an open-ended statement made by one of the jurors. The houseguests answer either "A" or "B" for one of two possible endings. If they are right, they receive a point. This continues for all the jurors; the houseguest with the most points wins the final HoH of the season.
This competition was usually held in the living room. From season 15 onwards, the competition was held in the backyard.
If there is a tie, then the houseguests will take out a chalkboard and be asked a question about an amount of something, whether it be time or an object. Whoever has the closest number without going over wins. If both go over, whoever has the closest number wins.
On Big Brother Canada the questions have a different format and are based on the facts about jurors like the order of events, days, things they did during the season etc.
The following season, Big Brother 15, the competition was changed to "Tip The Scale", and was set up on a giant scale in the backyard instead of booths in the living room. Eventual winner Andy Herren beat GinaMarie Zimmerman.
The season after, Big Brother 16, the competition name was changed to "Scales of Just Us", but the new set up remained. Eventual runner-up Cody Calafiore defeated Derrick Levasseur, securing a spot in the finals.
Its first Celebrity appearance was on Celebrity Big Brother 1 (US), where the competition was changed from "Scales of Just Us" back to a booth competition called "Hash It Out", but remained in the backyard. Due to the special format of the celebrity edition, it was played at at the Final Four, but was still the Final HoH competition, and so eventual winner Marissa Jaret Winokur won against Ariadna Gutierrez, Mark McGrath and Ross Mathews.
When it next appeared in Big Brother 20, the set up from Celebrity 1 returned, but the name was changed to "Jury Oddcasts", and returned to the original Final HoH format. Eventual winner Kaycee Clark beat Tyler Crispen.
List of Jury Statements Competitions
|3|| Final HoH|
|"Jury Statements"|| |
|4||9||“Dearly Departed”|| |
|5|| Final HoH|
|"Jury Statements"|| |
|15||"Tip the Scale"|| |
|16||"Scales of Just Us"|| |
|20||"Jury Oddcasts"|| |
|"Hash It Out"|| |
|2|| Final HoH|
|"Jury Statements"|| |
|3||"Jury Questions"|| |
- Out of the 23 times played as the Final HoH, 17 winners and 6 runners-up have won the competition.
- Besides Big Brother 4 (US), it is always used as the last part of the Final HoH. Due to this Robert Roman is the only winner of this competition to not be in the Final Two.
- Big Brother: Over The Top is the only US season not to use this competition at all since its debut. Its Final HoH competition was Pull Some Strings.
- Big Brother Canada 1 is the only Canadian season not to use this competition. Its Final HoH competition was similar, but used things all of the houseguests said before entering the game, not just the Jury.
- Dan Gheesling and Paul Abrahamian are the only people to ever compete in this part twice. Both won their first times and lost their second.
- Had Janelle Pierzina won either Part 1 or Part 2 of the Final HoH in BB7, she would have also achieved this feat, and she would have achieved it first.
- Jon Pardy, Kevin Martin, and Paras Atashnak are the only Canadian winners to win this part.
- Maggie Ausburn, Jillian MacLaughlin, and Sarah Hanlon are the only winners to not compete in this competition.
|Big Brother Recurring Competitions|
|100 Minutes • An Offer You Can't Refuse • As Close As You Can • Ask The Evictee • BB Comics • BB Storm Watch • Before or After • Big Top Drop • Bowlerina • Caged Eggs • Dizzy Discs • Domino Effect • Faster Than A Speeding Veto • Feeling Knotty • Fitting In • Foam Party • Golf Invitational • Hide and Go Veto • In The Balance • It's Time to Reflect • Jury Statements • Knight Moves • Knockout • Last One Standing • Majority Rules • Morph 'O' Matic • Niagara Balls • OTEV • Perfect Shot • Pick Your Poison • Pull Some Strings • Punch, Slap, Kick • Ready, Set, Woah • Seesaw • Sequence Explosion • Slapshot • Slippery Slope • Solve For X • Somewhere Over The Veto • Spelling Search • Stay or Fold • The Black Box • The Haunting • The Wall • Tightrope • Time Flies • Tumblin' Dice • What The Bleep? • What Did They Just Do? • What's The Hold Up • Wheel Of First Impressions • Who Did What? • Weight Gain • Who Said It? • Yankee Swap • Zingbot Competition|