Big Jump Challenge or simply The Big Jump is a major seasonal competition in Pinoy Big Brother where the remaining eligible housemates, usually the final six, will battle out in a series of Big Jump challenges in order for them to secure a slot in the Big Four and a place in the Big Night finale.
The Big Jump Challenge usually occurs during the penultimate week or the final week of a season. This challenge gives the Big Jump winner an advantage to gain one of the Big Four slots, which in turn automatically gives the Big Jump winner a place in the Big Night finale. Once the Big Jump winner has taken a Big Four slot, he or she will be immune from further evictions until the finale night.
- Big 4 Karapatdapat Challenges: On Pinoy Big Brother: Connect, the usual Big Jump was replaced by a variant new challenge called "Big 4 Karapatdapat Challenges ( Big 4 Worthy Challenges)" wherein the remaining housemates would battle out in a series of Karapatdapat Challenges to secure all the Big Four slots, in contrast a single slot at stake in a typical Big Jump. The players must be able to defend their Big Four slots throughout the series of rounds in order to guarantee their place in the Big Four.
- Fight for the Big Four: During Teen Clash 2010, the Big Jump was used differently. Instead of its usual use of automatic finale placement, the season's two teams, Team Pinoy and Team Teenternationals competed in a series of Big Jump challenges to gain a Big Four slot for their team in the Big Night. Winning the challenge meant that the teams could secure one or more Big Four slots for their team, reducing the chance for the rival team to secure a Big Four slot and attend the finale. However, a special challenge was later given to the losing team to even out their chances of reaching the finale, and went successful.
- Lucky Spot: Throughout the first three parts of Lucky 7, the Big Jump was used as a way to get one of the 1st out of 4 Lucky Spots reserved for each batch of housemates; 1st Lucky Star for Celebrities, 1st Lucky Sun for the Teens, and 1st Lucky House for the Adults. Winning the challenge would let the winner advance to the final phase of the season, the Dream Team.
Usually, the Big Jump occurs in every penultimate week of the season where the house is usually just down to six housemates. All remaining housemates are eligible to compete.
In recent seasons, Big Brother gives the housemates a tricky offer to decide whether to accept or refuse to partake in the challenge. However, refusing an advantageous challenge such as the Big Jump usually have negative results. Aside from losing the chance to automatically secure a finale placement, the housemates who refused may be automatically nominated as a result. Worse, refusal to partake in the challenge may be seen negatively by the viewers as a "lack of determination" and may affect their overall standing in the competition.
|Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up||Big Jump to the Big Night|
|Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash 2010||Big Jump to the Big Night|
|Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition 4||Big Jump to the Big Night|
|Pinoy Big Brother: 737||Big Jump to the Big Four|
|Pinoy Big Brother 7||The Big Jump Challenge|
|Pinoy Big Brother: Otso||The Big Jump Challenge|
|Pinoy Big Brother: Connect||Big 4 Karapatdapat Challenges|
(Big 4 Worthy Challenges)
Big Jump Winners
|Season||Big Jump Winners|
Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up
Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash 2010
Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition 4
Pinoy Big Brother: 737
Pinoy Big Brother: Lucky 7
|Part 1: Celebrity Edition|
|Part 2: Teen Edition|
|Part 3: Civilian Edition|
Pinoy Big Brother: Otso
|Part 1: Teen Edition||1st Big Jump
|2nd Big Jump|
|Part 2: Adult Edition|
|Part 3: Teen Edition||1st Big Jump
|2nd Big Jump|
|Part 4: Adult Edition||1st Big Jump
|2nd Big Jump|
Pinoy Big Brother: Connect
|1st Big Four Slot
|2nd Big Four Slot|
|3rd Big Four Slot
|4th Big Four Slot|
- Melisa Cantiveros is the first-ever housemate to become part of the Big Four by winning a Big Jump Challenge.
- Out of all Big Jump Winners, three became the Big Winner, it was Melisa Cantiveros, Yamyam Gucong, and Liofer Pinatacan.
- Majority of the Big Jump Winners finished either, 4th or 3rd Big Placers.
- The Big Jump in Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash 2010 was a challenge for Team Pinoy to gain two additional slots in the Big Four in which they successfully won, making the Big Four to Big Six.
- Since the competition's first introduction in Double Up, only two seasons were held without having a Big Jump; Unlimited and All In.
- Pinoy Big Brother: Otso is the first season to have more than one Big Jump Competitions held within a single edition.
- Pinoy Big Brother: Connect is the first season to introduce a variant of the Big Jump challenge with all Big Four slots at stake instead of the usual single Big Four slot. It would be the first time that a challenge would completely determine all Big Four finalists as opposed to the traditional public voting.
|Pinoy Big Brother Competitions|
|The Big Jump • Double Trouble • Dream House • Dream Team Challenge • Eviction • Immunity • HOH • Ligtask • Nomination • The White Room • 4th Lucky Spot|