The show returned after an 5 year hiatus and will return in Spring 2020, twenty years after the first season aired.
- Housemate Rankings: The viewers will be rating each housemate via the Sat.1 app ranking each housemate out of 5 stars. These rankings will have a impact on the game determining the outcome of who will make decisions and ultimately the winner.
- Two Houses: The Big Brother compound consists of two houses this year. A log cabin and a glass house. The log cabin housemates will be provided with basic rations, supplies, and most importantly chickens. The glass house is a modern living space with monitors luxuries and more. The glass house housemates will be able to view their current ranking as well as be able to view comments posted by viewers in the app giving them vital information on how they are viewed by the public.
- Room of Truth: Each week a housemate will be chosen by the viewers via social media polls to enter the room of truth. Here the selected housemate will have to face comments from the audience as well as other surprises.
- Phase Two: On day 15 Big Brother closed the Blockhouse moving all housemates in to the Glasshouse until further notice.
|Week 2||Week 4||Week 5||Week 7||Week 8||Week 10||Week 12||Week 13||Week 14|
|Day 8||Day 15||Final|
- On Day 2, Denny and Tim switched houses, with Denny moving from the Block House to the Glass House and Tim moving from the Glass House to the Block House.
- On Day 72, Vanessa switched from the Glass House to the Block House after Serkan walked from the game.
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Week 8||Week 9||Week 10||Week 12|
|Cedric||Loss||Win||Loss||Win||Loss||Loss|| Ineligible||Loss|| Ineligible|
|Gina|| Ineligible|| Ineligible||Loss|| Ineligible|| Ineligible||Loss|| Ineligible||Loss||Loss|
|Pat||Loss||Loss||Loss|| Ineligible|| Ineligible||Win||Win||Win||Loss|
|Rebecca||Loss||Loss||Loss||Win||Loss||Win|| Ineligible||Win|| Ineligible|
|Philipp|| Ineligible|| Ineligible||Loss||Win||Loss||Loss|| Ineligible||Win||Win|
|Vanessa||Loss||Loss||Loss|| Ineligible|| Ineligible||Win|| Ineligible||Win||Loss|
|Tim|| Ineligible||Loss||Loss|| Ineligible|| Ineligible||Win|| Ineligible||Loss||Loss|
|Michelle|| Ineligible|| Ineligible||Loss||Win||Loss||Win|| Ineligible||Loss||Loss|
|Serkan||Not in House|| Ineligible|| Ineligible||Win|| Ineligible||Loss|
|Denny||Win|| Ineligible||Loss||Win||Loss||Loss|| Ineligible||Win|
|Romana||Not in House||Win||Loss||Loss|| Ineligible|
|Jade||Not in House|| Ineligible|| Ineligible|
|Menowin||Not in House||Win||Loss|
|Cathleen|| Ineligible|| Ineligible||Loss||Win|
|Mac|| Ineligible|| Ineligible|
|Maria|| Ineligible|| Ineligible|
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Week 7||Week 8||Week 9||Week 10||Week 11||Week 12||Week 13|
|Serkan||Not in House||3.1||3.3||3.6||3.6||3.4||3.0|
|Romana||Not in House||None||1.7||None||1.7|
|Jade||Not in House||2.0||1.8|
|Menowin||Not in House||None||2.9|
- Scores shown are the most recent scores revealed on Mondays during the live shows.
- Starting with the second week the housemate with the highest rating would will protection from being nominated for eviction.
Week 1 & Week 2
On day 1, during the live launch, the housemates moved in and choose which house they wanted to live in for the first week. Later in the episode, Denny won the first match, he won the power to send someone, including himself, From the Blockhouse to the Glasshouse. He chose himself. Cathleen earned the right to send someone from the Glasshouse to the Blockhouse after it was revealed she was the highest-rated housemate in the Glasshouse. After a short discussion, Tim volunteered to move.
The room of truth was revealed to the housemates. Via a social media vote, the public voted in Maria to face the truth. Big Brother revealed that to date 67% of comments about her on the Big Brother app are negative. In addition this she was shown a selection of tweets that criticized her behavior in the house.
- Weekly Task It was revealed the housemates completed the first part of their shopping task successfully, which was to build a firewood box. The second part of the shopping task was played live where three housemates: Rene, Cedric, and Vanessa had 30 minutes to chop wood to fill the firebox. The housemates failed to chop all the wood in 30 minutes, and only earned 50% of the shopping budget, 150€ for the week.
- Match Arena/House Moves Cedric won the match and the power to choose one Blockhouse housemate to move into the Glasshouse. Cedric chose Mareike to move into the Glasshouse. It was revealed that Denny had the highest ranking, and had the power to send one housemate to the Blockhouse. He chose himself to move.
- Nominations As Denny was the highest-rated housemate he earned protection from nomination for the week. Housemates nominated live with 3 nominations each Cathleen and Mareike were both nominated for eviction.
Weekly Task: Blockhouse housemates received their weekly task. Housemates must create their own soap with the materials provided. Big Brother has set a number of soaps they need to make which will be revealed at the end of the week.
Room of Truth: Michelle was chosen by the viewers to enter the room of truth. Big Brother showed her tweets criticizing other housemates giving her information on how they act when she isn’t around.
Punishment: Due to constant rule breaks including: not listening to Big Brother and not wearing microphones. Phillip and Rebecca have to stay awake for 24 hours straight.
Weekly Task: Housemates earned only half of their budget after failing to follow the recipes provided to make the cosmetic products.
- Eviction One:
Marieke recieved the least amount of votes to save and was the first housemate evicted.
- Eviction Two:
Maria recieved the least amount of votes to save and was the second housemate evicted.
- Twist: Big Brother initiated phase two of his experiement closing the Blockhouse until further notice. All housemates will now reside in the Glasshouse.
Week 3 & Week 4
Week 6 & Week 7
Week 9 & Week 10
|Big Brother Germany 13 Official Ratings|
|Week||Episode||Viewers (in millions)||Share|
|1||1||Monday, February 10, 2020||1.60||11.0%|
|2||Tuesday, February 11, 2020||1.02||7.7%|
|3||Wednesday, February 12, 2020||0.92||7.2%|
|4||Thursday, February 13, 2020||0.94||7.3%|
|5||Friday, February 14, 2020||0.90||7.7%|
|2||6||Monday, February 17, 2020||0.85||6.1%|
|7||Monday, February 17, 2020||1.21||7.3%|
|8||Tuesday, February 18, 2020||0.95||6.4%|
|9||Wednesday, February 19, 2020||0.97||7.5%|
|10||Thursday, February 20, 2020||0.86||6.1%|
|11||Friday, February 21, 2020||0.74||5.7%|
|3||12||Monday, February 24, 2020||0.78||5.4%|
|13||Monday, February 24, 2020||1.12||6.2%|
|14||Tuesday, February 25, 2020||0.98||6.9%|
|15||Wednesday, February 26, 2020||0.87||6.6%|
|16||Thursday, February 27, 2020||0.87||6.7%|
|17||Friday, February 28, 2020||0.80||6.1%|
|4||18||Monday, March 2, 2020||0.77||5.2%|
|19||Monday, March 2, 2020||0.96||5.2%|
|20||Tuesday, March 3, 2020||0.92||6.7%|
|21||Wednesday, March 4, 2020||0.83||4.8%|
|22||Thursday, March 5, 2020||0.78||5.0%|
|23||Friday, March 6, 2020||0.79||5.6%|
|5||24||Monday, March 9, 2020||0.82||6.2%|
|25||Monday, March 9, 2020||1.17||6.9%|
|26||Tuesday, March 10, 2020||0.87||6.8%|
|27||Wednesday, March 11, 2020||0.80||5.7%|
|28||Thursday, March 12, 2020||0.73||4.9%|
|29||Friday, March 13, 2020||0.81||5.0%|
|6||30||Monday, March 16, 2020||0.82||5.0%|
|31||Monday, March 16, 2020||1.20||6.5%|
|32||Tuesday, March 17, 2020||1.09||6.8%|
|33||Wednesday, March 18, 2020||0.83||3.9%|
|34||Thursday, March 19, 2020||0.89||5.0%|
|35||Friday, March 20, 2020||0.99||5.4%|
|7||36||Monday, March 23, 2020||0.92||4.8%|
|37||Monday, March 23, 2020||1.22||6.2%|
|38||Tuesday, March 24, 2020||0.96||6.4%|
|39||Wednesday, March 25, 2020||0.90||5.3%|
|40||Thursday, March 26, 2020||0.86||5.1%|
|41||Friday, March 27, 2020||0.79||4.2%|
|8||42||Monday, March 30, 2020||0.84||5.6%|
|43||Monday, March 30, 2020||1.10||5.2%|
|44||Tuesday, March 31, 2020||0.77||4.7%|
|45||Wednesday, April 1, 2020||0.92||5.8%|
|46||Thursday, April 2, 2020||0.82||5.5%|
|47||Friday, April 3, 2020||0.83||5.0%|
|9||48||Monday, April 6, 2020||0.83||5.4%|
|49||Monday, April 6, 2020||1.24||6.1%|
|50||Tuesday, April 7, 2020||0.91||5.7%|
|51||Wednesday, April 8, 2020||0.99||7.0%|
|52||Thursday, April 9, 2020||0.94||6.7%|
|53||Friday, April 10, 2020||1.12||8.9%|
|10||54||Monday, April 13, 2020||0.99||6.2%|
|55||Monday, April 13, 2020||0.17||7.3%|
|56||Tuesday, April 14, 2020||0.85||4.5%|
|57||Wednesday, April 15, 2020||0.88||5.4%|
|58||Thursday, April 16, 2020||0.81||5.6%|
|59||Friday, April 17, 2020||0.87||5.8%|
|11||60||Monday, April 20, 2020||0.72||4.0%|
|61||Monday, April 20, 2020||0.76||5.5%|
|62||Tuesday, April 21, 2020||0.85||6.2%|
|63||Wednesday, April 22, 2020||0.98||7.2%|
|64||Thursday, April 23, 2020||0.83||5.6%|
|65||Friday, April 24, 2020||0.84||6.0%|
|12||66||Monday, April 27, 2020||0.81||5.7%|
|67||Monday, April 27, 2020||0.84||5.2%|
|68||Tuesday, April 28, 2020||0.82||4.4%|
|69||Wednesday, April 29, 2020||0.87||5.5%|
|70||Thursday, April 30, 2020||0.77||4.9%|
|71||Friday, May 1, 2020||0.73||4.8%|
|12||72||Monday, May 4, 2020||0.86||5.5%|
|73||Monday, May 4, 2020||0.85||5.9%|
|74||Tuesday, May 5, 2020||0.80||5.1%|
|75||Wednesday, May 6, 2020||0.80||6.4%|
|76||Thursday, May 7, 2020||0.82||5.4%|
|77||Friday, May 8, 2020||0.82||5.8%|
|13||78||Monday, May 11, 2020||0.80||4.8%|
|79||Monday, May 11, 2020||0.94||6.5%|
|80||Tuesday, May 12, 2020||0.70||4.6%|
|81||Wednesday, May 13, 2020||0.89||5.9%|
|82||Thursday, May 14, 2020||0.77||5.3%|
|83||Friday, May 15, 2020||0.73||5.5%|
|14||84||Monday, May 18, 2020||0.90||7.5%|
|85||Monday, May 18, 2020||0.86||5.7%|
- ↑ Sat.1 bringt „Big Brother“ 2020 zurück ins TV-Programm (in German) (26 June 2019).
- Big Brother Germany 13 had the same premiere date and finish date as Big Brother Sverige 8.
|Civilian||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13|
|Celebrity||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8|