Rede Globo began allowing online applications on April 9, 2019, however open casting calls did not begin until a later date.
In a later article and video on Twitter, it was confirmed that the HouseGuests would be made up of both applicants and special guests.
- Celebrities vs. Civilians : For the first time in Big Brother Brazil history, Celebrities will compete with Civilians.
- House Division: On the first night, the house will be divided by a wall with Celebrities on one side and Civilians on the other. They will not be able to see each other or be in contact with one another.
- Super HOH: Along with it's regular powers, this season the HOH will also be tasked with splitting their housemates into haves and have-nots as well as choosing what and how much each group will be eating. This HOH will also be awarded their own private party at the end of their HOH reign.
- Back-And-Forth: The two HouseGuests nominated by the house will compete against each other for one last chance to save themselves from the block.
- Cell Phones: Each HouseGuests will be able to use a cellphone to capture moments in the house during a time determined by production. The cell phone will only allow them to post photos and videos to #FeedBBB and see what other HouseGuests are saying about each other. It will not allow contact with the outside world.
- Wildcard Contestants: During Week 2, four additional housemates, Daniel Caon, Daniel Lenhardt, Ivy Moraes and Renata Dornelles, entered a secret location. Brazil was tasked with voting for one man and one woman to enter the game as an official houseguest. Daniel Lenhardt and Ivy Moraes received the most votes and entered the game.
- White Room: During Week 7, three housemates would be chosen to enter the White Room where one or all of them would be nominated. Felipe Prior, Gizelly Bicalho and Manu Gavassi were the three chosen to enter. Manu pressed the red button, officially nominating herself and saving Felipe and Gizelly from nominations.
Nods to Previous Seasons
With this season being the 20th season anniversary of the show, nods to all of the past seasons will be spread around the season.
|Ivy Moraes||Selected||Daniel Caon||Not Selected|
|Renata Dornelles||Not Selected||Daniel Lenhardt||Selected|
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Week 7||Week 8||Week 9||Week 10||Week 11||Week 12||Week 13||Week 14|
|Day ?||Day ?||Day ?||Day ?||Finale|
|Babu||Pyong||Hadson||Victor Hugo||Victor Hugo||Pyong||Mari||Flayslane||Mari||Ivy||Marcela|
|Felipe||Pyong||Mari||Gizelly||Victor Hugo||Pyong|| Saved|
|Flayslane||Babu||Victor Hugo||Victor Hugo||Victor Hugo||Pyong|| Saved|
|Felipe||Babu||Felipe||Felipe||Victor Hugo||Mari|| |
|Victor Hugo||Pyong||Flayslane|| Saved|
|Bianca||Pyong||Victor Hugo||Victor Hugo||Victor Hugo||Pyong|| |
|Lucas||Pyong||Mari||Victor Hugo||Daniel|| |
|Key:||HOH||Non-Immune HOH||Nominated||Twist Holder||POI||Immune||Saved|
|Saved Twist Nominee||Back-and-Forth Winner||Face-to-Face Nominations||White Room||Evicted|
- During Weeks 1 & 2, Daniel and Ivy were not in the house and were therefore not assigned a have/have-not status.
- During Week 4, Bianca and Flayslane were switched to be have-nots after Victor Hugo picked them for the Popcorn Puninishment.
- During Week 6, Pyong was switched to be a have-not after Guilherme picked him for the Chains of Passion Punishment along with Manu who was already a have-not.
- During Week 7, Manu was switched to be a have-not after Felipe picked her for the White Room Punishment along with himself and Gizelly who were already have-nots.
- In Week 1, Hadson won a Honda motorcycle.
- In Week 3, Guilherme won R$10,000 along with a R$10,000 Shopping Spree with Lojas Americanas.
- In Week 5, various prizes were won during the Head of Household competition.
- Rafa won a year of Claro's Combo Multi, a 4K TV, a laptop and a smartphone.
- Manu won a year of Claro's Combo Multi and a laptop.
- Pyong won a year of Claro's Combo Multi and a smartphone.
- Gabi won a year of Claro's Combo Multi and a 4K TV.
- In Week 6, Daniel won R$10,000 along with a year of Embelleze.
- In Week 7, Daniel won R$10,000 along with a 4K TV, a laptop and a smartphone from Lojas Americanas.
- In Week 10, Ivy won R$10,000.
- After each Power of Immunity competition, the winner(s) will have to select one or more housemates to complete the 'Monster Punishment'. The results were as follows:
- In Week 1, Mari chose Chumbo and Hadson for the Pineapple Punishment.
- In Week 2, Babu chose Bianca and Mari for the Tina Punishment.
- In Week 3, Lucas chose Daniel and Pyong for the Coconut Punishment.
- In Week 4, Victor Hugo chose Bianca and Flayslane for the Popcorn Punishment.
- In Week 5, Pyong chose Babu and Felipe for the HOH Guard Punishment.
- In Week 6, Guilherme chose Manu and Pyong for the Chains of Passion Punishment.
- In Week 7, Ivy chose Felipe for the White Room Punishment. Felipe then chose Gizelly and Manu to join him.
- In Week 8, Daniel and Ivy chose Flayslane and Thelma for the Iarnuou Punishment.
- In Week 9, Rafa chose Daniel and Ivy for the Greek Statue Punishment.
- In Week 10, Marcela chose Babu and Felipe for the Delta Wings Punishment.
- After winning the Week 5 Head of Household competition, Rafa had to select three housemates to be punished randomly. She selected Bianca, Felipe and Flayslane.
- Bianca lost 300 estalecas (have/have-not currency).
- Felipe lost the opportunity to play in that weeks Power of Immunity competition.
- Flayslane was automatically nominated.
- Coincidentally, all three housemates chosen for punishments became the final nominees of the week.
- This season is the longest Big Brother Brazil season to date.
- This is the first season in Big Brother Brazil to feature celebrity housemates.
- With the addition of Daniel Lenhardt and Ivy Moraes, this season ties with Big Brother Brazil 14 for the largest cast in Big Brother Brazil history with 20 housemates.
|Big Brother Brazil 20 Official Ratings|
|1||1||Tuesday, January 21, 2020||24.9|
|2||Wednesday, January 22, 2020||26.0|
|3||Thursday, January 23, 2020||23.9|
|4||Friday, January 24, 2020||22.8|
|5||Saturday, January 25, 2020||19.9|
|6||Sunday, January 26, 2020||15.3|
|7||Monday, January 27, 2020||27.0|
|2||8||Tuesday, January 28, 2020||23.2|
|9||Wednesday, January 29, 2020||24.5|
|10||Thursday, January 30, 2020||23.1|
|11||Friday, January 31, 2020||22.7|
|12||Saturday, February 1, 2020||22.6|
|13||Sunday, February 2, 2020||17.6|
|14||Monday, February 3, 2020||26.5|
|3||15||Tuesday, February 4, 2020||25.6|
|16||Wednesday, February 5, 2020||14.4|
|17||Thursday, February 6, 2020||25.5|
|18||Friday, February 7, 2020||23.9|
|19||Saturday, February 8, 2020||21.5|
|20||Sunday, February 9, 2020||21.3|
|21||Monday, February 10, 2020||26.1|
|4||22||Tuesday, February 11, 2020||24.5|
|23||Wednesday, February 12, 2020||13.9|
|24||Thursday, February 13, 2020||24.1|
|25||Friday, February 14, 2020||23.3|
|26||Saturday, February 15, 2020||21.7|
|27||Sunday, February 16, 2020||17.9|
|28||Monday, February 17, 2020||26.5|
|5||29||Tuesday, February 18, 2020||25.5|
|30||Wednesday, February 19, 2020||12.5|
|31||Thursday, February 20, 2020||25.1|
|32||Friday, February 21, 2020||24.6|
|33||Saturday, February 22, 2020||23.7|
|34||Sunday, February 23, 2020||18.4|
|35||Monday, February 24, 2020||26.0|
|6||36||Tuesday, February 25, 2020||24.3|
|37||Wednesday, February 26, 2020||15.1|
|38||Thursday, February 27, 2020||25.6|
|39||Friday, February 28, 2020||26.6|
|40||Saturday, February 29, 2020||24.7|
|41||Sunday, March 1, 2020||18.0|
|42||Monday, March 2, 2020||27.2|
|7||43||Tuesday, March 3, 2020||27.5|
|44||Wednesday, March 4, 2020||12.6|
|45||Thursday, March 5, 2020||25.7|
|46||Friday, March 6, 2020||27.2|
|47||Saturday, March 7, 2020||24.7|
|48||Sunday, March 8, 2020||18.6|
|49||Monday, March 9, 2020||28.3|
|8||50||Tuesday, March 10, 2020||27.9|
|51||Wednesday, March 11, 2020||15.2|
|52||Thursday, March 12, 2020||28.1|
|53||Friday, March 13, 2020||27.1|
|54||Saturday, March 14, 2020||25.2|
|55||Sunday, March 15, 2020||20.1|
|56||Monday, March 16, 2020||30.3|
|9||57||Tuesday, March 17, 2020||29.4|
|58||Wednesday, March 18, 2020||30.2|
|59||Thursday, March 19, 2020||28.5|
|60||Friday, March 20, 2020||30.5|
|61||Saturday, March 21, 2020||27.8|
|62||Sunday, March 22, 2020||23.4|
|63||Monday, March 23, 2020||28.6|
|10||64||Tuesday, March 24, 2020||30.6|
|65||Wednesday, March 25, 2020|
|66||Thursday, March 26, 2020|
|67||Friday, March 27, 2020|
|68||Saturday, March 28, 2020|
|69||Sunday, March 29, 2020|
|70||Monday, March 30, 2020|
|11||71||Tuesday, March 31, 2020|
|72||Wednesday, April 1, 2020|
|73||Thursday, April 2, 2020|
|74||Friday, April 3, 2020|
|75||Saturday, April 4, 2020|
|76||Sunday, April 5, 2020|
|70||Monday, April 6, 2020|
|1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20|