- Secret Partners: Each houseguest had a secret partner in the game, although the partners each competed as individuals, were nominated as individuals, and were evicted as individuals. The partners in the game had each known each other before entering the house. Initially, each secret pair thought that they were the only secret pair. If both members of a secret pair reached the final two, the game's winner would receive a prize of $1 million, while the runner-up would receive $250,000.
- Previously Evicted Houseguest: After the first four evictions, America voted for one of the evictees to return to the game.
|Sorority Sisters||Ex-Roommates||Former Co-Workers|
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Week 7||Week 8||Week 9||Week 10||Week 11|
|Day 47||Day 49||Day 61||Day 63||Day 76||Finale|
|Ivette||Ashlea||Michael||Maggie||Kaysar|| Rep||Kaysar|| Rep||Rachel||James||Howie|| Vetoed|
|Janelle||Kaysar||Eric|| Rep||Sarah||Rachel|| Vetoed|
|April||Ashlea||Michael||Maggie||Kaysar||Sarah||Kaysar||Ivette||Rachel||Beau|| Rep|| Rep|| ||Maggie|
|Kaysar||Jennifer||Rachel|| Rep|| ||Ivette|
|Jennifer|| || ||Maggie|
|Kaysar||Janelle|| || Rep|| |
|Eric||Ashlea|| Rep|| ||Eliminated|| |
|Michael||Ashlea|| ||Eliminated|| |
|Key:||HOH||Nominated||Veto Winner||Rep: Replacement Nominee||Re-Entry Voting||Evicted||Jury Member|
- Note: Kaysar was evicted for Week 5, before being voted back into the house.
All 14 houseguests entered the house with their secret partner. The members of the winning team from the food competition competed in an endurance competition against each other, which Rachel Plencner won. The seven members of the team that won the food competition promised to stick together for a few weeks, while Eric Littmann attempted to form a guys alliance with himself, Kaysar Ridha, Michael Donnellan and James Rhine. Rachel decided to nominate Kaysar and Ashlea Evans. At the Veto competition, Rachel was victorious and was awarded the POV. Though initially considering using the POV on Ashlea to nominate Jennifer Vasquez, Rachel ultimately chose not to use the POV. Ashlea was evicted in a nine to two vote.
Following Ashlea Evans's eviction, Eric Littmann won the "Fast & Easy" HOH competition. Before making his nominations, Eric made a deal with every houseguest stating, that if he did not put them up for eviction, then they would "give him safety" for one week. Eric nominated Michael Donnellan and Janelle Pierzina in the house, who had formed a romantic relationship in the house. James Rhine won the "High and Dry" Veto competition. He chose not to use the Veto. Michael was evicted by a 9 to 1 vote.
Following Michael Donnellan's eviction, Kaysar Ridha won the "Majority Rules" HOH competition. Kaysar later nominated James Rhine and Maggie Ausburn for eviction. When talking with James, Kaysar revealed he knew that James and Sarah Hrejsa were partners, and after James confessed, Kaysar made an alliance with them. He then added Rachel Plencner, Howie Gordon, and Janelle Pierzina to the alliance, and they began to refer to themselves as the Sovereign Six alliance. The alliance came up with a plan to let James win the Veto, remove himself from the block and backdoor Eric Littmann. James won the "Knight Moves" POV competition. James later used the Veto to save himself, and Eric was named his replacement nominee. Eric was evicted in a five to four vote.
Following her partner's eviction, Maggie Ausburn won the "Power Roller" HOH competition. After winning HOH, Maggie officially formed the Friendship alliance with Ivette Corredero, Beau Beasley, Jennifer Vasquez, and April Lewis. Maggie nominated Kaysar Ridha and James Rhine for eviction, feeling they were most responsible for Eric Littmann's eviction the previous week. The following day, Sarah Hrejsa won the POV and chose to use it on James. Maggie named Janelle Pierzina his replacement nominee. Kaysar was evicted in a 7 to 1 vote.
Following Kaysar Ridha's eviction, Howie Gordon won the "Eliminator" competition and was crowned HOH. When talking with Maggie Ausburn, Howie learned that James Rhine had sworn on the bible to nominate Howie and Rachel should he win HOH. Not realizing James was lying, Howie nominated James and Sarah Hrejsa for eviction, causing a rift in the Sovereign alliance. James later won the "A Lotta Pinata" POV competition and used the Veto on himself. Howie chose to nominate Ivette Corredero as a replacement nominee. On Day 40, Sarah was evicted in a six to one vote. Minutes later, it was revealed Kaysar Ridha would be returning to the house, having earned 82% of the public vote over Eric Littmann and Michael Donnellan.
Following Kaysar Ridha's return to the house, houseguests competed in the "Pressure Cooker" HOH competition. When the competition came down to Kaysar and Jennifer Vasquez, she promised Kaysar safety and said she would backdoor James Rhine from the house. He agreed, and Jennifer became the new HOH. Jennifer nominated Janelle Pierzina and Rachel Plencner for eviction and said she would backdoor James after the Veto was used. Rachel won the "Coast For the Most" Veto competition and used the POV on herself. Jennifer went back on her word and nominated Kaysar as a replacement nominee. Kaysar was re-evicted in a seven to zero vote.
Following Kaysar Ridha's second eviction, Janelle Pierzina won the "Face the Facts" quiz based HOH competition. After returning inside, the houseguests learned that it was a Double Eviction week and that Janelle would immediately make her nominations. Janelle nominated Jennifer Vasquez and Maggie Ausburn for eviction. Janelle won the "Goal For It" Veto competition, which had a hockey theme. She removed Maggie from the block and nominated Ivette Corredero as her replacement nominee. Jennifer was evicted in a five to one vote, only receiving the vote of her partner, April Lewis.
Following Jennifer Vasquez's eviction, Beau Beasley won the "On the House" HOH competition. Targeting the remaining members of the Sovereign Six alliance, he nominated Rachel Plencner and Howie Gordon for eviction. James won the "Get Your Pairings" straight Veto competition and left nominations the same. Rachel was evicted unanimously.
Following Rachel Plencner's eviction, April Lewis won the "High/Low" HOH competition. She nominated Howie Gordon and Janelle Pierzina for eviction, though secretly planned on backdooring James Rhine. April won the "Playing Dirty" Veto competition. After winning the competition, April used the Power of Veto on Janelle and nominated James as a replacement nominee. James was evicted in a four to zero vote.
Following James Rhine's eviction, Howie Gordon won the "Playing It Straight" HOH competition. Upon returning inside, the houseguests learned it would be another Double Eviction Week, and Howie would immediately make his nominations. He chose to nominate Ivette Corredero and Beau Beasley, the last secret pair remaining in the house. Maggie Ausburn won the Power of Veto and chose to leave nominations the same. Beau was evicted in a three to zero vote.
Following Beau Beasley's eviction, Ivette Corredero won the "Magnetic Attraction" quiz based HOH. Targeting the final two members of the opposing alliance, she nominated Howie Gordon and Janelle Pierzina for eviction. After Janelle won the "Morph-O-Matic" Veto competition, she removed herself from the block and April Lewis was named her replacement nominee. The vote came down to a tie, and Ivette cast the deciding vote to evict Howie from the house.
Following Howie Gordon's eviction, Janelle, the outcast of the house, won the "Before or After" HOH competition. This ensured her a spot in the final three. She nominated Maggie Ausburn and Ivette Corredero for eviction. Ivette won the "Missing Link" final POV competition and chose to remove herself from the block. She then cast the sole vote to evict April Lewis from the house.
The final HOH competition is played out in three challenges, to give the remaining houseguests a fair shot at securing a place in the final two. During the first endurance HOH competition, Ivette Corredero won an endurance challenge. Days later, Janelle Pierzina beat Maggie Ausburn in a memory recognition challenge, meaning Maggie was nominated. At the live HOH part 3 competition, Ivette beat Janelle in a personality guessing quiz, claiming the final HOH. She then chose to evict Janelle.
- James Rhine was originally supposed to bring his friend Mike into the house as his secret partner, but Mike dropped out last minute without even telling James. James then picked his girlfriend, Sarah Hrejsa, to be his secret partner, which likely explains the imbalance of women to men in the house.
- This season has the largest variety of "winning" HouseGuests out of any Big Brother season. Twelve out of the fourteen HouseGuests won at least one individual competition during their stay in the house.
- This season has the most unique HOH winners in a row, going 8 weeks and 9 cycles before having a repeated HOH winner.
- This season features the most competition wins by females in Big Brother, with Ashlea Evans being the only female to not win a competition.
- This season was the first to have more than one person win HOH and POV in the same week.
- This season, along with Big Brother 17, Over The Top, and Celebrity 1 are the only seasons to feature more female HouseGuests than male HouseGuests.
- This season marks the first (and so far only) time the final 4 were all one gender, with this season's final being all female.
- This season had the most representatives in Big Brother 7 with 4 (Kaysar Ridha, James Rhine, Howie Gordon, and Janelle Pierzina).
- Prior to the first veto competition, it was announced that some veto competitions this season could result in no one winning the Power of Veto. However, this twist never came into play as all veto competitions were won.
- This season is the only season to be represented in both All-Star seasons.
|United States Seasons|
|English||Broadcast||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22|
|Celebrity||1 · 2|
|Big Brother Seasons|